TBI inline cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmbcary44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L 350 SBC
Hello, first post, have read through quite a bit on here before joining so bear with me as I could not find an answer. I have a 1991 v1500 chevy suburban. 5.7L 350 with TBI, I have done some mods to it, but can't figure out if there is a direct way to run a cleaner through the injectors versus using something in the tank. I was hoping to run the cleaner straight in but I am not sure which line to connect it too unless I ran a 'tee' on the fuel line. and then pulled from seafoam or something like it. Any ideas on how or what line I can use to pump straight into them?

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I can't think of any way of introducing cleaner into a pressurized system other than through the tank. It's the easiest and first thing to try. If the spray pattern still doesn't look right I would pull both injectors and send them to Tim at http://cleaninjectors.com/

He cleans them and sends 'em back with a detailed report on before and after leak down, pattern, pulsed flow rate, full open flow rate, and percentage of match to each other. He also sends new o-rings and gaskets. I've used his services and he's highly recommended.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I think the professionals have an assortment of T fittings that they install and then introduce the cleaner from there

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I think the professionals have an assortment of T fittings that they install and then introduce the cleaner from there

Yes, and the cleaner was in a pressurized container for the fuel injected engines. We would disable the fuel pump and send the cleaner into the pressure testing tap.

jmbcary44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L 350 SBC
thanks for the replies I will look into both options, hoping I can figure a way to do it with a tee fitting to save some cash, I would think the cost of having the sent and cleaned would pretty much match a price for new ones or larger injectors at this point, frankly they flow fine, just more than normal making me think one is stuck open and flooding a bit, nothing crazy as it is burning off and running fine, just much more than im used too.

My oil pressure is going crazy now too...never ends. I was going to get a new pump and pick up anyways. looking at the melling one
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mel-10550/reviews/

would love to use this one though considering the price, just not sure if it will fit.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mel-m55a/overview/

Anyone know if these ones will require a deep pan? I don't want to suck it dry as it says high volume.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub