Summit stage 1 intake manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddouble86

Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Camper Special Dually
Engine Size
454/SM465
Hi all, I'm new here and think the site is great. I just ordered the Summit stage 1 intake manifold and was wondering if anyone is currently running one or has run one? I ordered one and want to know if they are worth the 157.00 I paid for it. My 86 has a 454 but if any of the SB members have run one let me hear about it. Thanks. My BB is bone stock, would like to see atleast 10-20 pony's.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
not sure how much if any HP or TQ numbers it's gonna add but I wonder about them too.

honestly every other intake costs more, and most times summits things ARE name brand just reboxxed under the summit name. I got some summit headers, they were flowtechs, even had the flowtech part number on em.

keep us updated on it.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
not sure how much if any HP or TQ numbers it's gonna add but I wonder about them too.

honestly every other intake costs more, and most times summits things ARE name brand just reboxxed under the summit name. I got some summit headers, they were flowtechs, even had the flowtech part number on em.

keep us updated on it.

You May gain 2 to 5 hp, and maybe 5 to 7ft lbs.
Intake manifolds usually dont free up much, unless some head work is done.

johnmc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
Truck Model
k 10
Engine Size
305 tuneport injected
my best hp gain was with duel exhaust .

reddouble86

Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Camper Special Dually
Engine Size
454/SM465
Thanks for the reply. I already have dual exhaust. But plan on upgrading the muffler size and pipe size soon. Will give an update as soon as I install the new intake. If anything, I know i'll be getting some weight off the nose of the truck.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Thanks for the reply. I already have dual exhaust. But plan on upgrading the muffler size and pipe size soon. Will give an update as soon as I install the new intake. If anything, I know i'll be getting some weight off the nose of the truck.

Be careful with that pipe size...you want to keep velocity high. dual 2.5 should be more than sufficient, unless you run around 5000rpm all day.
Straight through mufflers are best, the longer they are, the quieter.

guitarfreak235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
86 86
Truck Model
k10 c20
Engine Size
350 350
have you installed it yet? ive been looking to do the same thing. if so how long did it take?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
builder100