Suggestions on where/how to mount pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fussfeld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
4.3 v-6 262CID
Can i get some suggestions/pictures on how/where to mount an electric pump?

It's a 2WD longbed with the tank on driver's side.

i'm needing to possibly install an electric pump because 4.3's with the fuel pump pad and hole are not easy to find......

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I don't understand. Do you have a newer block that didn't have the mechanical pump? A local mechanic once mounted an electric pump to the round part of the fan shroud on my brother's '86 K10 because it was having a fuel delivery issue. He later undid it and put a mechanical pump on there. It looked tacky, but there aren't a plethora of options due to electrical and frictional constraints. That's just my two cents, though, buddy.

fussfeld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
4.3 v-6 262CID
I don't understand. Do you have a newer block that didn't have the mechanical pump? A local mechanic once mounted an electric pump to the round part of the fan shroud on my brother's '86 K10 because it was having a fuel delivery issue. He later undid it and put a mechanical pump on there. It looked tacky, but there aren't a plethora of options due to electrical and frictional constraints. That's just my two cents, though, buddy.

Yeah, i need a new 4.3 and 4.3blocks with the fuel pump provision are not easy to find; As you may know GM only put it in trucks with carbs for 2 years. The next 28 years it was fuel injected.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
On the frame rail close to the fuel tank and below the fuel level. Fuel pressure regulator can be in the same spot or in the engine bay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelmarine53