Speedo is accurate... to a point

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albertan85

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Fenderside
Engine Size
350 5.7 Litre
Hey all, I'm sorry if this has already been addressed. If it has, would you mind pointing me in the right direction? Merci!

My speedometer is accurate to about 60 km/h. After that, it'll say I'm doing 75 but I'm only doing 72. I'm thinking of replacing the whole speed measuring system from the sensor to the wire but I'm not sure where the speed sensor is located or how to remove it... :shrug:

Also, I might swap the bulbs to LED... I have LED tail lamps and it's wreaking havoc with the turning lights and my gauge lights. Not sure if that's the problem or not (I hit the train tracks by the farm and the gauge lights worked for a bit... they quit working again when I hit some washboard). My turn lights work until I turn my markers or night driving lights on, then they don't really want to work. My buddy who's a Volvo semi mechanic says it's because I'm confusing the truck with the LED tails while the rest are normal bulbs. Do I have to switch them all to LED?

Lots of questions, I know... I've come as far as my Haynes manual and my tinkering can take me. She passed Provincial inspection, just tackling the little things that I've gone OCD about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli