Spearkers behind the seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
Hey Gang, well i need a radio. Since the truck is finally on the road I need something to listen too. The speakers behind the seats and the dash are shot. I was thinking about eliminating the ones in the dash and putting speakers in the door. I am having trouble locating speakers of such and odd size for the rear though. What have you guys done? I am thinking i am gonna use my kenwoods i have brand new in a box for the door. They say 6.5 measurement on the box. I was thinking of a Kenwood head unit to match. I have an i pod and would link it to it most of the time or my i phone when i get it this week Thoughts?

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
This is just my personal opinion but I cant stand when these trucks get hacked up to install head units and speakers. I have seen door mounted speakers that look decent.

Lmc offers an after market post style radio that fits in place of the old one and has modern features. Lmc also sells kick panel speakers for mounting speakers.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I threw some 4x6 pioneers in old man's 84, in the dash, no hacking just found a spot to stick em and threw them in, maybe find a screw hole and line it up, use one screw or however many you can, it saves hacking crap but it works and it's redneck thrown in like that.

Then I made some boxes and put in some pioneer 6x9's behind the seat on either side. Then made a dual 10 sub box that fit behind the seat without moving it forward.

MEAN_SBC

Reaction score
First Name
Brant
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
they make brackets for 6x9's in the rear corners. Do that first. Then pull the dash and put some good 3.5" coaxials in the dash. Next, don't do the lmc kick panels (because they suck) and do a set of qforms kick panels. They will house a nice set of 6.5" components, and will sound way better than hacking up the doors. The qforms c series are $144. I have them in my truck, and will snap some pics tomorrow..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP