Returning to my past

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
We’re they hot?????? :happy175::happy175::happy175: I too grew up sheltered from the bs up in the mountains of PA and well my views haven’t changed except seeing hot women kissing is ok lol bull ***** not so much

We have a lot of what I would call "gym teacher" type ladies(?) in the small town I live in. My wife doesn't find it hilarious when I say: "Who's that guy?". I almost always get a chuckle out of it.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
We’re they hot?????? :happy175::happy175::happy175: I too grew up sheltered from the bs up in the mountains of PA and well my views haven’t changed except seeing hot women kissing is ok lol bull ***** not so much
That's not so bad... but when you see a couple of dudes doing it... :doublepuke:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Drive to summit racing store and swap motor/transmission in their parking lot. They would have all the parts needed on the shelf. Or would have to find a shop to rent a bay from
A little roadkill influence there lol

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
If there is enough money for new parts summit parking lot. Or rent a summer apartment unit and use their parking lot for used engine swap. I have done three engine swaps in apartment complex parking lot without too many problems.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size

I tried to do the Roadkill thing when I bought my truck. I bought a one-way plane ticket, met the seller at the airport and drove it from southern Oregon to northern lower Michigan, about 2800 miles. I really didn't have to fix much on the way back and in retrospect I am VERY glad. I was prepared to buy a ticket back home and have the truck shipped though!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
We drove from California to Texas with suburban that we bought. Had to get a rental car for a day to pick it up. Had rear brakes fail, tps, and also hit an elk on the way back. Was not too far away from roadkill experience. But that was before roadkill came out. Actually I have been through a lot of roadkill like experience except for no fast cars with a lot of money in them. It was just living with old cars.
I tried to do the Roadkill thing when I bought my truck. I bought a one-way plane ticket, met the seller at the airport and drove it from southern Oregon to northern lower Michigan, about 2800 miles. I really didn't have to fix much on the way back and in retrospect I am VERY glad. I was prepared to buy a ticket back home and have the truck shipped though!

Last edited:

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Will Summit let you work in their parking lot? I know a lot of places won't even let you change wiper blades or a fan belt in their lots. Not sure if it's because of local ordinances or what.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
If there is enough money for new parts summit parking lot. Or rent a summer apartment unit and use their parking lot for used engine swap. I have done three engine swaps in apartment complex parking lot without too many problems.
Ive swapped 2 engines and 3 transmissions in my apartment parkin lot... lol

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Don't get me wrong, I love the mountains and outdoors of this state. There are so many beautiful places to visit here. But the politicians are steering this state in the WRONG direction. Many are leaving as quickly as they can. I've wanted out since 2005, but the economy tanked, I have a great job, and now retirement is closer so I have decided to stick it out, but as soon we can leave we will be exiting this state.

Believe me, politicians have and will always ruin many things. This truck is part of my computerless world and my second home in Panama. Canada is quickly going to the politicians as well.

As soon as Summit Racing offers the below option for my 1987 Chevy, I will be purchasing as it seems appropriate for my faith in the future.

You must be registered for see images attach

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Nice ride, awesome story. Howd you manage to drag a Colombian so far away from warmth lol. My family is Dominican and whenever my mom comes to visit in PA she's freezing!

You should video your story as it progresses. People love watching that sorta stuff on youtube.

My wife is living in Panama right now. When I go to work we live in camps and work everyday so I go and she waits. As well it is basically impossible for her to get a Canadian visitor visa. Full immigration or nothing.

I have been keeping photos but I am not a very good video documentation person. I do not even have a Facebook account!! Down to social media!!

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Drive to summit racing store and swap motor/transmission in their parking lot. They would have all the parts needed on the shelf. Or would have to find a shop to rent a bay from

I think my block is a four bolt main so I want to try to reuse some parts and play with all the motor details. I might just rent a storage unit as certain places allow businesses.

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Where's the house in Panama? Phew, I've been all over that place. My parents own 35 hectares of farmland each in the Chiriqui province, and my roommate is from Panama City. I've been three times, and I'm probably going this summer. My mom lived in David and the Canal Zone when it was still American quite a long time ago, and I have a 97 year old granny there.

We live close to David in an urbanization. We are about 45 minutes from the Costa Rican border. Hot as hell but the rent is much lower. I can drive to David in 10 minutes on my motorcycle but I have to split lanes the whole way. If you do not get stopped was it really a traffic violation?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
We live close to David in an urbanization. We are about 45 minutes from the Costa Rican border. Hot as hell but the rent is much lower. I can drive to David in 10 minutes on my motorcycle but I have to split lanes the whole way. If you do not get stopped was it really a traffic violation?
Just like if they didn’t see your plate and as it really you?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD