Replacement Heater Core

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I figure while I have piles of parts pulled out of my truck now might be the time to replace the heater core since its out. Anyone have any input on good or bad brands to look at or avoid?!

annettemarie

Reaction score
First Name
Annette
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Suburban V10 Silverado
Engine Size
thru my research (currently doing the same thing) i have found that most feel the copper heater core pumps out heat best( your truck was built with the copper one). I only have the heater in front so i chose that one. If you have a front AND rear heater you probably could get away with aluminum (more common to find and cheaper). I bought from Brothers because their price was the best. As we all are finding out supply chain problems are making things take forever. If you choose aluminum, AutoZone had it in stock. Hope that helps

annettemarie

Reaction score
First Name
Annette
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Suburban V10 Silverado
Engine Size
I figure while I have piles of parts pulled out of my truck now might be the time to replace the heater core since its out. Anyone have any input on good or bad brands to look at or avoid?!
thru my research (currently doing the same thing) i have found that most feel the copper heater core pumps out heat best( your truck was built with the copper one). I only have the heater in front so i chose that one. If you have a front AND rear heater you probably could get away with aluminum (more common to find and cheaper). I bought from Brothers because their price was the best. As we all are finding out supply chain problems are making things take forever. If you choose aluminum, AutoZone had it in stock. Hope that helps

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
We got one from Summit racing, good quality, reasonable price, in stock. They have both aluminum and copper/brass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota