Removing old trailer brake control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
I used to have a horse trailer and had this braking system put in. I no longer have horses, or a trailer, where I need brakes, and want to remove this from under the dash. I do not just go around cutting wires so wondering if someone can tell me what I need to do to remove without affecting rest of electrical in truck. The white wire is the ground. I am thinking of changing my bumper and it has the trailer connection in the bumper so eventually need to disconnect that.

Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
The wires that trailer brake controllers need under the dash are the brake light switch, brake activation, power and ground. I would try popping apart those scotch lock connectors and taking them off the wires. Then tape the bare wire areas it exposes.

The only wire that needs to run from there to the back of the truck is the brake activation wire, so it should be easy to identify.

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBeast1990