Rear view cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

friscobob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
Has anyone tried to get rid of their rearview mirrors by installing a rearview camera? Sure would clean up the sides of the truck.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Rear view camera doesn't cover the blind spot when changing lanes. Pretty sure most states' vehicle codes require at least one side view mirror.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Pretty positive you'll eventually get a ticket not having them.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Has anyone tried to get rid of their rearview mirrors by installing a rearview camera? Sure would clean up the sides of the truck.

Laws generally say that if your vehicle came with them you need them. With that said some vehicles only came with a drivers side and in that situation you don't need a passenger.

friscobob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C 10
Engine Size
Maybe install two cameras, one each side of rear window at drivers eye level. Blind spot solved. Have to read the law for sure.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Maybe install two cameras, one each side of rear window at drivers eye level. Blind spot solved. Have to read the law for sure.

It'd never be legal. You would be looking at a camera on the dash, not looking to either side of you, so no matter what you did and where you placed it it would be very unsafe.
And, you say that having those 2 cameras there would solve the blind spot, not really. The blindspot is when a car is almost directly next to you, but not quite so you cant see them unless you turn your head, so the blindspot would be even worse with the cameras.

Don't want to bash your idea or anything, but it'd never work. And, IMO, trucks would look bad without the mirrors

joecal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 stepside
Engine Size
305ci
I wouldn't suggest that either. I thought one would be nice for backing up though. I have one in my GMC Terrain and really like it especially when backing up to my boat trailer.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I had good success with OEM Style Rear View Mirror Back Up Camera System by Rear View Safety.

Highly recommend to stay away from K SOURCE VS8 sold by rock auto and other places. Waste of money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes