Rear end flip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekaprado

Reaction score
First Name
derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
ck1500
Engine Size
Going to do a read end flip.....people are telling me that I need a flip kit and other people are saying that you just flip the bracket......ideas?

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Well a "flip kit" consists of a flip bracket, u-bolts, u-bolt plate, and some kit may have drop shocks and/or shock extenders and/or c-notch with it depending on the kit and manufacturer you choose.

The bare minimum you need to do a flip is flip brackets and shock extenders or drop shocks. All the other parts make the fip easier to instal and better clearance depending on leaf spring arch. The full kit isnt necessary but it is better to buy the full kit. The condition of your u-bolts and shocks may sway your decision as well.

On a side note, you need to drop the front at least 3.5in to have a level drop when done or the rear will be lower than the front.

derekaprado

Reaction score
First Name
derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
ck1500
Engine Size
Any opinions or recommendations on kits?

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Western Chassis, McGaughy, Belltech, and CPP are the top of the heap.

How low do you really want to go? Is money no object or are you looking for cheapest way to do it?

derekaprado

Reaction score
First Name
derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
ck1500
Engine Size
I want to get it sitting anywhere from 3/4 or a 4/5......cheap but reliable is the name of the game

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Flip brackets and shock extenders for the rear, and 2.5in spindles and 1in drop springs in the front that will give you 3.5/5in. Shop for a kit or for the individual parts.

I shopped for the best deal on individual parts and dropped mine 4.5/5in for about $325 but i didnt have to buy the drop springs because i cut mine.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe