Rear AC cover in 88 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newman7786

Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
Well I finally pulled the trigger and got my headliner redone in the suburban. While it was down I cleaned the interior of the roof and installed a sound deading mat and some thermal backing as well. Everything turned out really well until I went to install the large cover that goes over the rear AC unit. It has several screws that hold onto the front of it. My old headliner was so bad that I cannot tell from the tear pics where these screws go into. Does anyone have pictures of those screws and where they mount to? I would prefer not to have to take my headliner back down just to see how they attach. TIA.

Attached are some pics of the process. Really happy with how everything turned out!!

You must be registered for see images attach

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I had to hunt with a pic until hole is found to give me an idea where to put the screw. Factory just made sure it would hit the brace and put them in(self tappers)

Newman7786

Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
Thanks yevgenievich., I will be working on it again this week to get the cover installed. The local upholstery company that I had redo the headliner did not cut the fabric away for the mounting screws on the outside edge. I had to cut that away to make the screws fit. In the mean time I started tearing into the tailgate window and motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20