Radiator Dimensions and Cores - Is this a good radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CheemsK1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Copper and brass radiators are fantastic, but I have seen everything from small 4cylinder econoboxes to massive diesels function perfectly fine with aluminum/plastic radiators. The area I live in is not particularly forgiving when it comes to heat index either.

I'm sure the old Grand am radiator will fit with the right mounts and serve its purpose well enough, but any used radiator should be carefully examined.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Copper and brass radiators are fantastic, but I have seen everything from small 4cylinder econoboxes to massive diesels function perfectly fine with aluminum/plastic radiators. The area I live in is not particularly forgiving when it comes to heat index either.

I'm sure the old Grand am radiator will fit with the right mounts and serve its purpose well enough, but any used radiator should be carefully examined.
There are a lot of arguments for and against aluminum, some say brass is better because it transfers heat better, others say aluminum is better because of the fin design changes they transfer heat better IDK. They can both be fine. If I had my others I'd still be running brass I mean mine lasted for 36 years, that's not going to be beat by aluminum / plastic. When my brass radiator had to be replaced for lack of anyone in the area being able to work on it for a reasonable price I installed a CU730. If anyone wants to read about that I'll post the link below.

@84Squarebodlvr IDK when Auroragirl might see your post. She stopped logging into the forums in the first part of June. She was very active prior.

The link to my CU730 install is here :https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/installation-information-for-radiator-cu730.35661/

Anyone heard from her? IDK why but I'm a little concerned.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
There are a lot of arguments for and against aluminum, some say brass is better because it transfers heat better, others say aluminum is better because of the fin design changes they transfer heat better IDK. They can both be fine. If I had my others I'd still be running brass I mean mine lasted for 36 years, that's not going to be beat by aluminum / plastic. When my brass radiator had to be replaced for lack of anyone in the area being able to work on it for a reasonable price I installed a CU730. If anyone wants to read about that I'll post the link below.

@84Squarebodlvr IDK when Auroragirl might see your post. She stopped logging into the forums in the first part of June. She was very active prior.

The link to my CU730 install is here :https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/installation-information-for-radiator-cu730.35661/

She's still kicking... she is logged into the GMT-400 forum right now actually and I've seen her post over there a few times recently. Not sure why she hasn't been on here.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

the biggest advantage to aluminum is smaller fins which means the surface area mathmatics generally helps that, and its cheaper. it can also be made without having solder, which enables using long life coolants and etc etc

But I seem to recall I killed a grand marquis radiator with barely any pressure and slipping with a screwdriver but I seem to recall kinda accidently punching my squares radiator either pulling or just bumping into things.

THe marquis needed a radiator after stabbing but I dont think i can tell you where ive hit the brass one lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke