Question on NP 205 rebuild kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skidmark97

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just wondering if anyone has a recommended rebuild kit that's comprehensive you recommend, I am about to pull my transfer case and tranny and go threw everything. I know there are several rebuild kits out there some better quality parts then others. I want a high quality comprehensive kit and not one of the cheaper quality ones , if any of you who have rebuilt them and are rebuilders or anyone who has done a few can post the brand you recommend, I will check it out . I was wanting to use a high quality kit and just do this one time ,thx

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Novak adapters, they have a bigger parts list in that area. ORD offers a kit. Both are quality.

Check out GebBuilt on YouTube, he has a full tear down to rebuild on both an np205, and sm465 trans. In depth and very informative videos.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
ORD.

Skidmark97

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the input prairie and ali_c ,
I have seen both company's and was wanting to see what other members may be using and skip some of the research and bypass the lower quality products, I will concentrate on these company's and pick out what appears to be the best, if they seem equal it really won't matter and I will flip a coin , so thanks for the input.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
I've heard horror stories about Novak but I know ORD has awesome customer service if anything is wrong, though both have quality kits.

Here is a 205 rebuild guide that you can print if you want. I like to have paper copies available when I do stuff so I don't get oil all over my phone, lol.

NP205 Rebuild Guide (wideopen4x4.com)

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
Torque King has nice selection of parts and a decent manual.

Skidmark97

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thx Tubetruck and Curt I will check those sources out and I will print out the literature you mentioned ,Tt your right it's good to have material you can reference on hand and I was planning on having a complete break down to be able to reference , I have never attempted one before, but I will give it a shot and see how it goes , I was watching a couple videos and I dont feel it's to bad of a project , I have rebuilt motors and other things so don't feel it's to big to tackle and will be just taking my time and going by the book, if I run into a issue I will just post it here where we have plenty of knowledgeable members who I am sure would be able to help, thx.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8