Q jet rear vacuum break diaphragm linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
When I pulled the carb for a rebuild I noticed this linkage was not connected at the diaphragm (see attached pic), I rebuilt it and reassembled it with the linkage connected to the cam follower under the thermostatic coil in the only hole possible. It just fell out of the cam follower and is no longer connected under the thermostatic coil, anyone know what would cause this and the fix? It looks impossible to get to without removing the carb again, does anyone know a trick to reconnect it? I see some models have a choke closing assist spring on the diaphragm this one doesn't. Would this make a difference? Its a 17080512 R-4-M4MC hot air choke model. Thanks in advance for any info!

Attachments

• 20210912_160437.jpg
    20210912_160437.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 69

bedwards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Silverado
Engine Size
Just take it loose where the torx screws are, turn it up and down and slip the end of the rod in the arm then put it back on with the torx screws.

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Thanks for the reply but it's the other end of the link that's out. That pic is prior to removal and rebuild just to show the linkage had been disconnected for some reason. I put it all back. Gonna get a mirror and lots of light, stand on my head and see if I can get it back. If not it's remove the carb time again. Still hoping it's something simple I overlooked.

Jimbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Ok, learned that simple isn't in the cards, no way to see or even feel where this goes when carb is installed. I found out that when I re-piped the heat tubes (I changed from a high rise to the stock manifold) one pressed on the linkage and when the linkage moved pushed it out. Installation tomorrow.

Attachments

• Linkage 1.jpg
    Linkage 1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBeast1990