project journals??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
i am building my crew cab from the ground up and using parts mostly non stock equipment for the truck.

96 vortec injection 383/4l80 modified 96 tahoe harness blazer tank and so on.

i want to get some kind of project journal going to detail what parts i have used and where i got them. incase i need to replace a part and can not remember what its from. i have used my build thread on here to keep track of the basics. and some random ideas that i did not want to forget about but i want a more detailed journal.

i will have modified or swapped in other parts for alot of the truck and a list of everything from motor to paint codes in one place would be nice to have.

has anyone done this or have any ideas.

i do not want it on a computer i want a hard copy in my hands.

i was thinking get a small file box with a couple notebooks to write in and a couple file folders for receipts and random info for the truck and pictures.

and i could paint the file box the same as the truck.

Last edited:

notverrysmart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
EJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
I use a log book (hard covered notebook) that i stuff in my glove box and all loose papers (receipts, installation instructions, warranty cards and the like) go in my filing cabinet in my house.
eventually I will print out a couple spread sheets with all my part numbers and all of my rpo codes and those will be folded and placed in my log book so when I need parts I can just pull out the sheets and find the part i need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joseph916