Problem with Door Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirk T

Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
5.0 V-8
I have an '85 K10 and the PO said there were no keys to the door locks so I bought new door lock cylinders. After installing the new lock cylinders, you could not move the lock knobs up or down with your hand and the electric locks would not function. I could lock and unlock the doors with the keys. I pulled the cylinders out of the doors to see what was going on and the lock knobs are easy to manually push down or pull up and the electric locks also function as they are supposed to.

I put the lock cylinders back in and once again the electric locks don't work and you can't lock/unlock the doors without the key. This is strange and I can't figure out what is going on.

Any suggestions?

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
My guess is something with the lock cylinder lever is not phased right to the latch mechanism. Been too long since I've done one, so don't remember exact layout, did find this from LMC that shows a little around the 4 minute mark.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krytza9911