power steering/armstrong steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nalanthi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reno
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I guess this is just for confirmation...
Power steering was totally fine prior to my 250-350 swap. Of course the pump I had on hand was of questionable origin.
Now... low rpms = no power steering. Presumably it's time for a new pump and the steering box shouldn't be suspect since all was well prior.

I've heard horror stories about reman pumps.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I had the same issue. Went through a couple of reman pumps, they worked for a while but died too soon. The combination of 35" tires and hydroboost was killing them. The auto parts store was good on the warranty but changing them is a pain. I couldn't take a chance getting stuck in the back country so I pulled the trigger on a PSC SP1400 high flow pump. (http://www.pscmotorsports.com/80-newer-hi-performance-power-steering-pump-w-o-can.html) Expensive, but I've had no steering issues since.

Nalanthi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reno
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I had the same issue. Went through a couple of reman pumps, they worked for a while but died too soon. The combination of 35" tires and hydroboost was killing them. The auto parts store was good on the warranty but changing them is a pain. I couldn't take a chance getting stuck in the back country so I pulled the trigger on a PSC SP1400 high flow pump. (http://www.pscmotorsports.com/80-newer-hi-performance-power-steering-pump-w-o-can.html) Expensive, but I've had no steering issues since.

Excellent. Thanks!

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
I'm having the same problem, I just bought a reman pump and It's worse then the old one I pulled out. At least the old one worked before it took a dump. I'm probably going to go with the one that skysurfer said to get.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85