Poll -Would doing a LS swap in a CLEAN 1987 V10 INCREASE to DECREASE VALUE?

Would doing a LS swap in a CLEAN 1987 V10 INCREASE to DECREASE VALUE?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imaxm

Reaction score
First Name
MaX
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.3 LS
I've just put about 17k on my 87 V10 LS Swap 52K miles just working out the last tunes and I plan on driving the wheels off. I had it all done and I wouldn't do it any other way. I wanna enjoy my truck and get way better fuel Econ. I can't buy a used 2005 this clean for what I have in this. 4L80 with a 208 Trans, Brakes (complete from master to the wheels and lines), shocks front end tires. If I had the money and storage space I'd have a extremely original show truck, I wanna enjoy my truck. That's my thought anyway.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
DO IT:cheers:

The rest of the vehicle is still attached to the L86, so just another family truckster. I just had no idea how they screamed!
I don't know if it's the tuning, traction control or the added weight of the XL but my '07 L92 AWD Yukon seemed way hotter than my '17 L86 4x4 Yukon XL based on butt dyno.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I've just put about 17k on my 87 V10 LS Swap 52K miles just working out the last tunes and I plan on driving the wheels off. I had it all done and I wouldn't do it any other way. I wanna enjoy my truck and get way better fuel Econ. I can't buy a used 2005 this clean for what I have in this. 4L80 with a 208 Trans, Brakes (complete from master to the wheels and lines), shocks front end tires. If I had the money and storage space I'd have a extremely original show truck, I wanna enjoy my truck. That's my thought anyway.
Agreed. I built my '85 up during covid and put ~17k miles on it last year and loved every minute of it (except for not having AC lol). Gas prices and issues creeping up are the only reason I haven't kept dailying it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmattly