ORD 1" body lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Eyebolt hole to eyebolt hole.

My truck's frame, since it is short wheelbase had no 3/4 ton option so I had to redrill the holes (which I never did, left it in the stock location).

My cab is also 2WD, I cut the hump out and put in the one from my 4WD cab.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a 2 inch body lift in my pickup. I never liked body lifts but when i replaced my bed and cab the only good cab i could find was a two wheel drive cab and i didn`t feel like swapping the floors to clear the transmission.

My friend modified my bumper brackets and frame to lift them to the right height but i couldn`t use the mounts on the ends. So basically if i ever hit anything on the corners i`ll have some damage.

I wouldn`t worry about the strength of the blocks, i pick up 2000 pound pallets of wood pellets all winter for friends and family without any problems.

I don`t have any close up pics of the bumper gaps, the suburban is obviously stock and the pickup has the body lift.

You must be registered for see images attach

That bumper looks perfect!!! I couldnt find any brakets for the SB trucks.. but if it can be modified im all for it! I just dont want gaps but yours looks perfect!!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Eyebolt hole to eyebolt hole.

My truck's frame, since it is short wheelbase had no 3/4 ton option so I had to redrill the holes (which I never did, left it in the stock location).

My cab is also 2WD, I cut the hump out and put in the one from my 4WD cab.

Yep, I never thought of that on the Short bed, but you're rignt. No need for 56 inch spring provisions from the factory.

Yep, eyebolt to eyebolt as C4 said, do keep in mind, when they are not installed, and laying on the ground without any weight on them, they will appear much longer. So what might be 56 laying on the ground, is actually a 52 inch spring.

I'll have to cut my center hump out of this 2wd cab I have to convert to the 4x4 cab, but.. I am thinking I like Bigfoots idea. Rather than cut the hump, maybe just do 2 inch body lift if that will correct that. But then that sure makes for an awful reach to grab the T case shifter. Although, how often do you real shift it? If you're not some biggo obese sum bish, you oughta be able to reach it ok I'd think. I'm tall, but not obese... YET. :roflbow:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Dayum Bigfoot, those are some beautiful rigs you got. Probably what I should do is get me 2 rigs and just concentrate on the 2 instead of having 5 projects, actually only 4 if I use the 85 K10 frame to convert the 84 & 85 C20 projects to one 85 K20. That was part of my purpose on that likley change of plans. Consolidate 3 trucks into the one 85K20 project. Between all 3 of the trucks, I only $500 in them for all 3. I have also sold some of the parts tha I am not going to need, and going to have plenty left over too, so by the time I sell those leftover parts, I won't have a dime in the truck, except of the motor and trans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adhkjashda