Ohm reading on spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I no longer use resistance to verify electrical integrity. It's almost useless. The only time it's 100% accurate is when looking for a short.
It’s crazy that all of the ACDELCO plugs measured OL. I pulled my existing NGKs and they all measured within spec.

I still find a few automotive uses for measuring resistance. It’s good for testing ground path. Also, checking plug wires.

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
It’s crazy that all of the ACDELCO plugs measured OL. I pulled my existing NGKs and they all measured within spec.

I still find a few automotive uses for measuring resistance. It’s good for testing ground path. Also, checking plug wires.
It's good for checking opens in plug wires... but when heat is involved, it can change resistance as well. Higher. I no longer trust "ohming" anything, unless I'm looking for a short to ground or something as you've stated. Loads or current & heat change everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed82k20