Not sure which engine I have...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIMoparGuy

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi guys, I'm relatively new to these trucks. I have a 1979 C10 stepside, and I'm not 110% sure of what engine I have. Long story short, the truck was stripped down, restored and rebuilt 16 years ago, and after it was complete the truck was sold to my grandfather. I need to start doing some work to it but I'm not sure of what plugs to buy, wires, cap, rotor, etc... Also, I have replaced the water temp sensor, but still cant get a read-out on the gauge. I grounded the wire and verified that the gauge works. Are there any clues on the block or anything I could use to figure out what parts I need? My grandfather was told when he bought it that it was a 350 crate motor. It's a carb, not TBI. Edelbrock 4 barrel on top. I can provide pics if needed. Any help at all is greatly appreciated!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Passenger front side of the block has a pad right below the head with a markings. There are more number stamped on the back driver side, but can be hard to reach.

RIMoparGuy

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ok, I'll look for the numbers tomorrow and post what I find.

RIMoparGuy

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So delayed reply, but I finally got around to finding the number on the block. Looks like it wasnt a crate motor but something from an F/A/B body from 1973. Engine code is T0412CKL. Any ideas on where to start with plugs, wires, cap and rotor?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
So delayed reply, but I finally got around to finding the number on the block. Looks like it wasnt a crate motor but something from an F/A/B body from 1973. Engine code is T0412CKL. Any ideas on where to start with plugs, wires, cap and rotor?
What ignition system are you running? Ie. HEI,points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast