Newest parts truck-80's burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Went and picked up my newest parts truck on Saturday. It's a mid 80's burb(or what's left of it anyway). Lol. Kinda hard to identify the exact year. Got it for a 100 dollar bill.

I tell ya, I've spent a lot more on a lot less. Much to my surprise, it has an edelbrock carb and intake :party36: and a set of premium mile marker lockouts. And I had originally been told it had a 700r4, but someone replaced it with a th350 with an adapter kit. Which I was planning to do anyway. So all in all, it was a pretty good day for me.

All loaded up and ready to go home
You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You got the front driveshaft too. Helluva deal. I bought a frame with a bed one time for $100. The bed was in great shape. It had a 2/4 lowering kit on it. Sold that for $100, sold the rear end for $100, kept all the new Moog tie rod ends, idler and pitman arm, kept the bed, fuel tank and tank brakcets of course, then cut the frame 4 times with a sawzall and got $30 for it and the wheels. You're $100 purchase did well too. It'll be nice to find out what gear ratio you got for axles. And don't let go of that adapted Th350. That will fit either NP208 or NP241 T cases without modifying a thing in place of a 700r4.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Cool, I had always heard about people using those adapters but I have no experience with one. It's got front tow hooks too. One is just missing a bolt so it looks like its bent.

I forgot it has a receiver hitch too. Too bad it won't fit on a pickup.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The adapter works perfect. All it does is add length to the Th350 to match the length of a 700r4. Then they used a 2wd 6in output shaft and cut it off to match the same size output shaft of the 700r4. I got my adapter off one at Pull A Part, then cut my own shaft with a chop saw. Working flawlessly.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Looks like you got a burb fuel tank too. :waytogo: I've often thought of trying to get one of those in one of my pick ups. 40 gallon might be a bit tough to make worth though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man