Newer back seat for my 86K5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1986K5Wa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I found some with the belts built in to them. The drivers side cushion is torn. My plan is to upholster them to match the back seats. They are power and heated. Paid $100 for both. I'd like to think i scored.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I'd say you scored BIG!

Very nice looking project so far. Keep including pix.

1986K5Wa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
These are the seats for the front. Now i have to read up on how to get the heat function wired. Any ideas....?

You must be registered for see images attach

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
You'll probably want to run a hot wire with a relayed and fused wire and probably about a 50 amp relay and fuse but I am not 100 % sure on what the amp load is just yet. It looks like the original body control harness has a 50 amp fuse so far as I can tell but it might be 30 amps is all it needs for the seats (because the harness has a few other items plugged into it rather than just the seat heaters (such as power seat motors and the stuff in the center consoles). I've been meaning to take and hook a battery up to my seats and test the amp load but I just have not finished unpacking and organizing stuff from my move yet.

1986K5Wa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
You'll probably want to run a hot wire with a relayed and fused wire and probably about a 50 amp relay and fuse but I am not 100 % sure on what the amp load is just yet. It looks like the original body control harness has a 50 amp fuse so far as I can tell but it might be 30 amps is all it needs for the seats (because the harness has a few other items plugged into it rather than just the seat heaters (such as power seat motors and the stuff in the center consoles). I've been meaning to take and hook a battery up to my seats and test the amp load but I just have not finished unpacking and organizing stuff from my move yet.
Yes there's a lot of wires under the seat. I've noticed most of them are to the motors to move the seats. But one main plug. I should get a picture of the bottoms. I also will probably needs to buy switches because the switches were in the door from the donor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke