Newb from OKC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandrock

Reaction score
First Name
Bradley
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Greetings y'all...

I'm not new to wrenching at all, nor I am I new to PCM swaps (I currently have a 1997 Bonneville SSE with a swapped 3800 Series III/2006 Grand Prix 4T65e w/HD 3.29 and a 2005 Impala PCM running the show), but I am new to GM trucks.

Anyways, I got a 1990 'burb 2500 that *somehow* left the factory with a 350 and TH400. Amazingly, it lasted 206k until a blown headgasket done the motor in. I bought it about a month ago and has pretty much been the garage queen since.

Plans call for....drum roll please....a built Vortec 350 that will be run by the infamous "0411" PCM flashed with the 2002 Express van OS. Short block is almost done....30-over 1997 block, new stock cam, factory roller lifters were fully dissassembled and cleaned, crank was in excellent shape so it just got the polish treatment. Waiting on the new pistons and rods to get to me, then after that I get to try to find an uncracked set of heads.

I'm keeping the TH400 as it seems to have been rebuilt sometime in the trucks life, so the PCM will have to be dumbed down in that regard.

I've got so much to do with this beast...I need a new front clip, new front hubs, all the interior (it had a smell that fit between an animal shelter and a freshly-vacated crackheads apartment, so most of it found its way to the local landfill), and of course the gauges need to be updated (though I will also be running a Scangage II).

Pics of what I have so far...will be in the ride forum. Once I get there that is.

Anyways, I hope to learn a lot from youz guyz.

Brad.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Another Burb man!!! :High 5:

How did you find the site? :popcorn:

sandrock

Reaction score
First Name
Bradley
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Another Burb man!!! :High 5:

How did you find the site? :popcorn:

Funny thing. I was browsing the local CL (oklahomacity.craigslist.org) and someone by the handle of "hotrodpc" posted the site.

And yes, the Bonneville, even though it isn't supercharged yet, will plant you in your seat. After some tuning through HP Tuners (which it needed ANYWAY since the Impala PCM went into "Oh **** I've been jacked" mode), the Scangage II showed 240 hp/250ish torque. Keep in mind the Series III engines had lighter, stronger internals and slightly larger intake valves than the Series II my Bonneville originally came with. Plus GM restricted their torque output to 210 through the PCM...once that gets removed, it becomes a whole 'nother engine.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Oh, yeah, Hotrod, keep an eye out for him, he ain't running on all 8 cylinders, if ya know what I mean.... :birgits_tiredcoffee

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hey Welcome Brad !!! Yeah I just posted a couple ads today on CL. So you got some GM 3.8 toys too? You'll git in great here. There is a cuuple of us GM guru's around here. As far as watching out for peeps., Now you've met Retro already. He is probably the most normal on the site, but its 89S that you have to watch out for. He even chases Retro around. :laughing1:

Glad to see you made it onboard. I'm in Moore. I used to hang out in Mustang a couple years ago. I was dating a girl that lived there. I also used to work for Sight N Sound as a delivery/warehouse manager so I got around the Metro area alot. But please don't hold that against me.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

sandrock

Reaction score
First Name
Bradley
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Thanks for the welcome. I just moved to Mustang from Cocoa Florida. Yeah yeah, I know...wtf was I thinking? But put yourself in my shoes for a few seconds. Imagine buying a home in 2007 for the sum of 162,000. 3/2/2 garage, about 10 miles from the Shuttle launch pad. Today, that same house, WITH upgrades...is now worth 70k. Oh yeah, and shuttle program is done...meaning no more local economy for at LEAST 3-5 years. People are leaving Brevard county in droves because of those two factors, which only makes the problem worse.

Luckily, my job is in flight simulation, so I got hooked up with the FAA :patriot:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks for the welcome. I just moved to Mustang from Cocoa Florida. Yeah yeah, I know...wtf was I thinking? But put yourself in my shoes for a few seconds. Imagine buying a home in 2007 for the sum of 162,000. 3/2/2 garage, about 10 miles from the Shuttle launch pad. Today, that same house, WITH upgrades...is now worth 70k. Oh yeah, and shuttle program is done...meaning no more local economy for at LEAST 3-5 years. People are leaving Brevard county in droves because of those two factors, which only makes the problem worse.

Luckily, my job is in flight simulation, so I got hooked up with the FAA :patriot:

Ohh, no worries about you. If you're set up with the FAA, you're set. I get the same, I moved here from So Cal, Los Angeles County. WTH would you move to OK? Actually I like it here better than I do there other than the people I miss. Crime, drugs, smog, traffic and cost of living is much more laxed here. And in OK, we to defend ourselves and take out the thugs as long as we don't shoot them in the back. So unless I ever transplant to AZ like I'd like to, I am likely to stay here. I've been here since Dec 90 now, so I am pretty much considered a converted redneck. Altough I still refuse to use duct tape and tie wire to fix a damn thing. :roflbow:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size