new owner from AL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Everyone else but me did it, so I figured why not.
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
First Name
nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The leak is from the top of the engine. I believe the oil sending unit. I took it off. Tinkered around with it some oil came out and the piece the threads are attached too I could spin it very easily. And yes. I'll be changing valve cover gaskets Saturday

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
The leak is from the top of the engine. I believe the oil sending unit. I took it off. Tinkered around with it some oil came out and the piece the threads are attached too I could spin it very easily. And yes. I'll be changing valve cover gaskets Saturday

Might want to check your rear intake gasket also.

Reaction score
First Name
nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
i replaced the oil sending unit and the leak slowed down big time. still got like a few drops so ima check all the gaskets on top of the engine. its coming from the top rear of it. so my guess it could be the little donut gasket on the distributor. also put new valve cover gaskets on(rubber not cork) and got some wing bolts and those tabs to make a better seal. still having problems with my transmission. but i drove it yesterday. i cant decide to rebuild it or just go ahead and another transmission. if i do get another what all do i need to have besides fluid

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

When you replaced the vcover gaskets, did you check to make sure the bolt holes put back where they go? Many times if you don't correct those with a ball peen hammer, they are counter sunk from previous over tightening. Maybe yours didn't have that problem, but it's very very common and often overlooked. This will allow leaks to continue even with new gaskets, and especially at the back of the motor since it's tipped back that way and is the low side.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Welcome!

You must be registered for see images