New member from New Zealand

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travlr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
C
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Tell us about the challenges in registering a LHD vehicle in New Zealand. What will you have to do?

molus

Reaction score
First Name
morgan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Howdy from India! You switching it to RHD? and keeping stock powertrain?
Keeping it LHD at the moment. I imagine it would be pretty hard to source parts here to convert it.
Eventually I want to change the front diff/axel to a Dana 60 but once again hard to organise over here.

molus

Reaction score
First Name
morgan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Tell us about the challenges in registering a LHD vehicle in New Zealand. What will you have to do?
A few steps involved for this.
1. Braking certification (requires rebuild of all brake components and replacement of rubber brake lines. Must stop in 4.4seconds from 100kph (60mph)
2. Certification for modifications (lift, larger tires, rockslides, bar work ect. They even carry out a stability calculation based on height, weight and vehicle footprint.)
3. Rust certification (surface rust on non structural is okay but there is a couple of holes in the firewall. Must be cut out, inspected and repaired, even the holes in the bottom of doors is unacceptable so have replaced doors)
4. Compliance (final safety/roadworthy test, they’ll pick up things like warn ball joints, light position, seat belts ect)
5. Left hand drive permit. I can’t sell the car for 4 years (there is a hardship clause)

LSburb

Reaction score
First Name
Mahadev
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
L76
Keeping it LHD at the moment. I imagine it would be pretty hard to source parts here to convert it.
Eventually I want to change the front diff/axel to a Dana 60 but once again hard to organise over here.

Getting parts is painful I bet. Sweet truck though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1