New member from Mississippi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey whats up guys. I own a 1982 Chevrolet Silverado C10. I've had it since i was 15. I paid roughly $600 for it. I had to get it running but i eventually did. I drove it all through high school until i was 18. I parked it and it was drove a handful of times until i was 21. I got married, moved out of my parents house and its been sitting ever since. I'm now 27 and realize how awesome these squarebodys are.. So now i want to rekindle the fun i had driving this truck. It has definitely seen its better days though. Especially after being backed into and ran off the road. It now sits under my shed just waiting for me to tear it down but i honestly don't know where to start because I have a pretty long list of stuff that it needs. But thats why i'm here hoping you guys can help me along the way. I'll be using the search button first. I'm sure i will eventually be able to help others also.

I dont have much of a picture. This was after i put new tires on the front and was getting it ready to drive to its new home.

You must be registered for see images attach

My Dad and I rebuilt the engine about 4 years ago. The engine is a 350 bored .030 over, with a 284 energizer crane cam. The trans is a TH350 with a mild shift kit. It runs pretty strong and sounds good with the super 44 flowmasters. The drivetrain really doesn't need any work other than maybe some new u-joints. I'm mainly going to focus on the body work and then the front end and suspension.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome: from

speedy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for the welcome guys.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Damn, I love these history stories about trucks especially when they start out as your first vehicle. Only ones better are the ones where they were handed down from dad or gpa. Be sure to fire up a build thread dedicated to your truck in the Under Construction section and keep track of your progress.
attachment.php

speedy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks for all the welcomes. I have made a little bit of progress. I acquired 2 doors and a fender thanks to my brother in law. I had a little bit of time to install them after work yesterday. So heres where I am.
You must be registered for see images

They fit pretty good other than needing a few shims on the door. It's looking better already lol.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
:welcome: from

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks for all the welcomes. I have made a little bit of progress. I acquired 2 doors and a fender thanks to my brother in law. I had a little bit of time to install them after work yesterday. So heres where I am.

They fit pretty good other than needing a few shims on the door. It's looking better already lol.

Shim the door? :shrug: Can that be done? I know there's shims for the fender, but don't recall ever seeing any on the doors or the hinges.

speedy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Shim the door? :shrug: Can that be done? I know there's shims for the fender, but don't recall ever seeing any on the doors or the hinges.

Yeah you can. They would go between the hinge mount and the door. But i think i'm just going to pull the fender back off, loosen the bolts on the cab hinge mount and adjust it that way. Its the hard way but it would look better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tylersmithbmx