New member from Italy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Nice Truck !!! Welcome to GMSB !!! So did you buy this truck in Italy?

Merlin3e9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
5.7L
Nice Truck !!! Welcome to GMSB !!! So did you buy this truck in Italy?

No sir, bought the truck from a consignment dealer out of North Carolina. We have a family friend who lives in North Carolina who verified everything on the truck for me before I bought her.

Merlin3e9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
5.7L
Welcome to the forum and thanks for serving. I know you must be enjoying those great Italian cheeses, meats, pastries, and breads!

My only comment is about headlamps. I suggest Hella Vision Plus. Same wattage as stock but MUCH BETTER reflectors and lenses that put standard sealed beams to shame. You may also want to consider using relays to ensure you get full system voltage to the headlamps. And relays will be absolutely necessary of you decide to use higher wattage bulbs.

Here's an example: https://www.jegs.com/i/Hella/288/003177862/10002/-1

Thanks for the information on the lights. Question though...

Hella indicates "High/Low", so would I just use different wattage bulbs for the high/low since the 87's have quad headlights? There are other headlamps listed on the sight that specify "High Beam", but none that specify "Low Beam".

You also suggested adding relays. It looks like relays and pigtails are included on other kits/headlamps, but not with the 4x6 headlamps. Does Jegs have relays for these lights?

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Here's what you need:

Kinda strange that they don't sell the hi/lo beam in pairs. ??? You might want to google "Hella Vision Plus" to see what you can find.

Qty2
Single Headlamp, High/Low Beam (ECE) Includes:
• (1) Lamp
• (1) Halogen Bulb
• (1) Wiring Adapter Harness
• (1) Dust Boot

Qty 1
Headlamp Kit, High Beam (ECE) Includes:
• (2) Lamps
• (2) Halogen Bulbs
• (4) Adapter Wires
• (2) Dust Boots

More info: http://www.myhellalights.com/index....dlamps/4-x6-rectangular-conversion-headlamps/

I used some 7" round Hellas on my 69 C10, and my stock headlight connectors plugged right into them.

On the quad headlights, I'm not sure what the wattage is -- probably the typical 55/60 on the low/high, and 60 on the high. The bulbs are H4, also known as HB2 or 9003 in the USA, and are available in various quality and wattage. The Hella kits come with good quality Hella bulbs, not the blue-colored cheapies that barely light up the road.

BTW, the size of your headlamps is also known as 165 x 100 mm.

Last edited:

Merlin3e9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
5.7L
Here's what you need:

Kinda strange that they don't sell the hi/lo beam in pairs. ??? You might want to google "Hella Vision Plus" to see what you can find.

Qty2
Single Headlamp, High/Low Beam (ECE) Includes:
• (1) Lamp
• (1) Halogen Bulb
• (1) Wiring Adapter Harness
• (1) Dust Boot

Qty 1
Headlamp Kit, High Beam (ECE) Includes:
• (2) Lamps
• (2) Halogen Bulbs
• (4) Adapter Wires
• (2) Dust Boots

More info: http://www.myhellalights.com/index....dlamps/4-x6-rectangular-conversion-headlamps/

I used some 7" round Hellas on my 69 C10, and my stock headlight connectors plugged right into them.

On the quad headlights, I'm not sure what the wattage is -- probably the typical 55/60 on the low/high, and 60 on the high. The bulbs are H4, also known as HB2 or 9003 in the USA, and are available in various quality and wattage. The Hella kits come with good quality Hella bulbs, not the blue-colored cheapies that barely light up the road.

BTW, the size of your headlamps is also known as 165 x 100 mm.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I was kind of thinking the same thing for the setup.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome

Forum statistics

Threads