New member 1987 V10 4x4 Longbed Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JT58

Reaction score
First Name
JT
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
yea man, paint was done in west palm, about 3k, not perfect but looks good. I did the grill bumpers lights molding and pinstripe. Had the work done in west palm the lift and roll bar, 4WD Parts-it’s a chain, they did good work! If I had the time I might have been able to do more. Shoot a pic of what your working with, I appreciate the kind words!!
3K is pretty good for paint. Around here I am sure it would be at least 6K if not more for average paint job. I'm going to do as much as I can on the undercarriage and in the engine compartment. Sanding and painting the axles now. The front inner fender wells are next. Will remove them, sand and paint. Final paint will be last in about 1-2 years.

Attachments

• Chevy V10 (1).jpg
    Chevy V10 (1).jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 33

JKXLR8

Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Anyone use the Bilstein 5100 dual steering stabilizer kit 92714? Having a hard time getting full lock to lock almost like the shocks are too big and they prevent my steering to maybe a little more than 1/2 way!!

JKXLR8

Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ha!! I had a few questions a few threads back about the spacers on the rear, I had 1.5s put on each side to align the front and rears....but still, the rears are almost 4" narrower.....so I investigated further.....they put 1.5s all the way around!! Interesting, not a fan of spacers in the front.....any input on that, its not going off road much and not on the highway much. Although I love the stance of the front, I am doubting the safety of spacers on the front. To make it look right I either have to take the fronts off or put 3" spacers on each rear side....that stance would look great but again, this is the first time I put spacers on any of my vehicles.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
@JKXLR8 I went back and looked through your pics. Take the spacers out of the front, why on earth would anyone put spacers up front? This pic of your truck shows it plainly, that's not good at all. That may be contributing to your steering issues.

This pic shows it clearly:

You must be registered for see images attach

I just took these of The '87. I have the factory rally wheels with 33x12.5-15s and a spacer I have never measured in the rear.

JKXLR8

Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yea man, I have no idea why they did that.....its been driving me nuts!! I will just take the fronts off....done!! Next time i will just get a bigger offset, I kind of like the wider stance but again, you might be right about my steering issue.....I am not running any stabilizers, I bought the bilstein dual stabilizer system but they couldnt seem to figure out the geometry for whatever reason so they took them off. The truck wouldnt turn lock to lock....I think I will install them myself!!

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Ha!! I had a few questions a few threads back about the spacers on the rear, I had 1.5s put on each side to align the front and rears....but still, the rears are almost 4" narrower.....so I investigated further.....they put 1.5s all the way around!! Interesting, not a fan of spacers in the front.....any input on that, its not going off road much and not on the highway much. Although I love the stance of the front, I am doubting the safety of spacers on the front. To make it look right I either have to take the fronts off or put 3" spacers on each rear side....that stance would look great but again, this is the first time I put spacers on any of my vehicles.
Your truck looks great. I think if you take the spacers out up front it will be just fine and turn correctly. I started a thread asking about putting spacers in on my truck to achieve a wider stance and got a whole lot of naysayers on the spacers. Long story short I don't run with spacers and still like my factory stance. Your truck is looking good. 4WD Parts did great. Looking at the pics @Redfish posted I think removing the front spacers would square your stance up too.

JKXLR8

Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Still waiting for my last part...the tailgate band....been waiting for 4 months, now they are saying another month....dammit!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara