New from Santa Cruz CA 75 GMC K25

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
You want to meet DIEHARD SquareBody people, you've come to the right place!:welcome:

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
You want to meet DIEHARD SquareBody people, you've come to the right place!:welcome:

This is a Kick Ass forum! Everyone is helpful. The first square that I fell in love with was my dad's 74 and I've wanted to build one ever since....I'm always a little late to the party beings that I'm 44 and just starting but better late then never. Square Bodies Rule!!!!!!!

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
My first vehicle was a 78 Blazer and I could only wish and dream to fix it up back then. Now I'm slowly building up my truck to something I wished I could have had back in high school.... so better late than never. Guess that is what comes from reading those Four Wheeler magazines all those years. I need to be somewhat practical with mine since I still use it to tow the 5th wheel and as a work truck.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Big Dreams

My first vehicle was a 78 Blazer and I could only wish and dream to fix it up back then. Now I'm slowly building up my truck to something I wished I could have had back in high school.... so better late than never. Guess that is what comes from reading those Four Wheeler magazines all those years. I need to be somewhat practical with mine since I still use it to tow the 5th wheel and as a work truck.

Yep, I have big dreams for this truck and I also have been reading Four Wheeler magazines for a long time. I'm finding out that the less I do the better. I do want it to be a decent off road truck that I can drive on the road, I have a car that I commute with so my 75 won't be driven daily but still I'll probably keep it simple, just new shocks, steering stabilizers tires and maybe anti wraps. For now!

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
:Insane:

Attachments

• SCVIEW242529.jpg
    SCVIEW242529.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 53

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Yep, I have big dreams for this truck and I also have been reading Four Wheeler magazines for a long time. I'm finding out that the less I do the better. I do want it to be a decent off road truck that I can drive on the road, I have a car that I commute with so my 75 won't be driven daily but still I'll probably keep it simple, just new shocks, steering stabilizers tires and maybe anti wraps. For now!

One thing I don't know if you looked into or not is either getting rid of the front anti-sway bar completely, or buying a sway bar disconnect. I wish I had done this years ago with my lifted '78 K10 when I had it.

I finally tried it out on mine a year or so ago. Figured I'd just crawl under it and disconnect it from the axle, push it up and wire it up out of the way and go for a test drive. I have a sharp dip in my road (think of the opposite of a speed bump). I'd always it is nice and square, and the front end would always take it hard. After disconnecting it, it went over it much smoother. Corning isn't bad- it isn't a sports car, but I can turn on a curvy road and the truck doesn't feel like it will tip.
Besides the improved ride the articulation now is much better that the sway bar isn't fighting it. And once I put on longer shocks with the custom shock mounts I have something like 10.5" of travel on the front.

Removing the bar was free. Or a disconnect system I think is $100.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Sway Bar

One thing I don't know if you looked into or not is either getting rid of the front anti-sway bar completely, or buying a sway bar disconnect. I wish I had done this years ago with my lifted '78 K10 when I had it.

I finally tried it out on mine a year or so ago. Figured I'd just crawl under it and disconnect it from the axle, push it up and wire it up out of the way and go for a test drive. I have a sharp dip in my road (think of the opposite of a speed bump). I'd always it is nice and square, and the front end would always take it hard. After disconnecting it, it went over it much smoother. Corning isn't bad- it isn't a sports car, but I can turn on a curvy road and the truck doesn't feel like it will tip.
Besides the improved ride the articulation now is much better that the sway bar isn't fighting it. And once I put on longer shocks with the custom shock mounts I have something like 10.5" of travel on the front.

Removing the bar was free. Or a disconnect system I think is $100.

Mine was removed already when I bought the truck, lucky for me I bought it with a lot of the upgrades already done to it. The only things I've bought so far are the dual front shock kit (Skyjacker) which I probably won't use. I will most likely just go with singles until I get the winch style bumper and actually put some weight up front and the steering stabilizer kit (Skyjacker also) with which I will be installing for sure. I bought my square in running condition but not drivable. I've also had to buy a power steering pump and belt and I had to hook up the electric fan unit because it wasn't wired correctly....It didn't shut off so I bought a thermostatic switch but I'm going to run a switch on the dash to shut it off instead anyway. I also had to buy a seat.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Thank you to all who have given me advice. It's nice to be able find all the information in one place through member's who have experience first hand with what works and what doesn't.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Welcome from the Buckeye State, Lets see some pics of your square!

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Nice looking truck. That is perfect for off roading in. Although those I'm thinking the pipes out the back might be smashed flat depending on what terrain you try to go over.

I drag my rear bumper all over the place. Need to trim it up, or just get a different one. :superhack:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size