New from Northern Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Welcome from VA. Cool bigass truck!

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
In search of some help. Where is everyone getting or looking for doors at? In desperate need of a passenger rear door.
I might have one, can't remember if its pass or driver side. I won't be able to check for a couple of days until I get back over to my workshop. I vet down to Denver and the Springs pretty often.

new2me91crew

Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
R3500
Engine Size
So parts are finally coming in, it’s about time to make this crew cab a 4wd. May take approximately forever to finish but I’m going to start the ball rolling.

Plans are 3/4t 10 bolt for the front (because it was cheap and what I have), disc conversion for the 14b rear and Off-road Design leaf hangers and shackle flip kit. Found a crossover steering set up on eBay that uses Reid racing knuckles and the 6.0 to 4L80 will follow this summer.

Will start a build thread later this month over in the lifted section.
Until then cast your vote:

1. Cut and weld the 4wd front frame to my 2wd frame or…
2. Don’t be a lazy a$$ and cut the rivets to transfer all the pieces over.

No feelings will be hurt, looking for brutal honesty here. I have a plasma cutter, two welders, and lots of time. I’m not in a hurry and the biggest obstacle is where to perform the task. Crew doesn’t fit in my garage and Colorado is still hit or miss cold.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Okay thanks, don’t have Facebook. Maybe the better half will let me use hers. Appreciate the tip.
Burb doors are the same as the crew cabs, that may help with sourcing them. And the later Burbs are more likely to have power locks and windows, if you're interested in that.

new2me91crew

Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
R3500
Engine Size
HotWheelsBurban,
Thank you for that, appreciate the tip.

Forum statistics

Threads