Never a simple task

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I bought a tailgate and thought I would bolt on the arms. The nuts spin. Before I attempt to weld them on to the bed. How are are they originally attached? Is there a good assembly manual for a 86 c30?

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Well I opened my eyes and saw those great big tail lights next to the tail gate and pull ed them off. I exposed a nest to a thousand wasps. This thing must have been sitting some where for a while. I ran into the same behind the head lights. I suspect there is an active nest some where ther is always a wasp when I open the hood.

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I forgot no picture it didnt happen. The chickens got to them after I knocked them out. But that is most of them. I ended up cutting the bolts. I was doing too much damage trying to get them out whole. They were some kind of seized.

You must be registered for see images attach

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I dont beleave it. I changed the battery out and didnt cut off and thing. Happy Wednesday!!

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Its suppose to be in the 100's most of the week. So I am going to get that Kansas dust bowl dirt out of the window channels. Only the Drivers window will moves reliably. If I ever do get it on the road that makes for a hot drive with no AC.

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Well now both the front and rear on the passenger side has good brakes. The other side has bad wheel cylinder and no fluid to be found in the front drivers side. I have a new flex line and new caliper. just using that dry fluid.

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
And then there was one. I replaced the wheel cylinder a little more evolved than I hoped. It setup my next project after brakes will be bearings all the way around and clean out the rear end. Its raining today but I think I can get to the left front and find the fluid issue.

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Well its back to cutting and grinding things off. Cut the flex hose off and ground off the ends. The hard line twisted so off it came too. But I now have fluid at all four corners!! Now all the work is to make it go.

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Well I got it to go on my bandaided QuadraJet. New tires on her. I replaced taillight receptacles and took her to be inspected, the day before we moved. I failed for upper ball joint. So I ground off the old rivets and replaced them. SHow up the next morning to get reinspected and she passes. To this point I never had her over 45. Most of the trip to the new house is 65. I got her up to 70 and she purred. Now to tend to the leaky transmission cover.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20