Need help!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman605

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Building an 1985 K20 from scratch using several different trucks. We are to the point of putting inside of cab back together/wiring etc. It's running and moving on its own, have all the gauges working but lights are giving us fits. Here's what we have: all dash lights work, left turn signal works, right one will flash but dimmer than left one and when we turn on parking lights left one still works as it should but right one gos completely dead when turn on lights no blinking or anything. And on the instrument panel everything works as it should until you turn on parking lights then right turn signal stays lit up on dash.!!! Help I have the grounds on each side of the radiator support hooked up coming out of the harness, I have the frame ground going to the raidator support on each side I'm lost from there! Suggestions?

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Building an 1985 K20 from scratch using several different trucks. We are to the point of putting inside of cab back together/wiring etc. It's running and moving on its own, have all the gauges working but lights are giving us fits. Here's what we have: all dash lights work, left turn signal works, right one will flash but dimmer than left one and when we turn on parking lights left one still works as it should but right one gos completely dead when turn on lights no blinking or anything. And on the instrument panel everything works as it should until you turn on parking lights then right turn signal stays lit up on dash.!!! Help I have the grounds on each side of the radiator support hooked up coming out of the harness, I have the frame ground going to the raidator support on each side I'm lost from there! Suggestions?

The radiator support is isolated from the frame with body bushings without the body connected. Running a ground from the core support to the frame is a good idea as it can also provide a redundant path to ground to help avoid an further issues.

Fireman605

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Yeah I ran an extra ground strap it didn't change things I thought for sure that would be it

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Is your headlight switch new? I ran into the same problem on one of my projects and swapped out the switch and everthing worked fine. Just a thought, make sure the plug is together tight too.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Make sure your grounds are tight and clean (free of paint, corrosion).

Fireman605

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
We got it!!!!! It was a stupid little ground clip broke off inside the right turn signal socket. Replaced socket all is working correctly now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76