Need advice with D70 DRW Disc brake and SRW conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Hello! I'm about to do some major surgery to my one ton dually crew cab western hauler. I just picked up a long bed stepside from a 60 c10 to swap on and will be doing a SRW conversion and at the same time disc brake conversion. Hoping to to get some advice here so I can get all my facts straight and get the right parts for it. I have a d70 rear and dana 60 front....

From what I understand and have read online so far...I need;

Rear hubs from a SRW 14bolt with drums? Any specific years?
Dana 70 disc conversion kit from diy4x.com....DRW or SRW kit??? or do I use the 14bolt kit??
What years and models can I get calipers from??

If anyone could help me clear up some of these questions, I'd greatly appreciate, thanks!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Get a cab and chassis rear. Keep the duals and they stay under a normal width bed.
You must be registered for see images attach
not mine but here’s the idea it would be way more badass on a long step crew though.

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Get a cab and chassis rear. Keep the duals and they stay under a normal width bed.
not mine but here’s the idea it would be way more badass on a long step crew though.

interesting, idk maybe....

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
interesting, idk maybe....
I wanted to do a tucked Dually Burb, but it went south and I sent my cab and chassis truck down the road. I’m thinking the new owner is gonna do something like I posted

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Found a local cab and chassis axle from an 85, it even has my same gear ratio 4.10 with posi, it's clean and it's pretty cheap hmmm...thoughts?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Found a local cab and chassis axle from an 85, it even has my same gear ratio 4.10 with posi, it's clean and it's pretty cheap hmmm...thoughts?
Do it lol

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Do it lol
Does the driveline line up the same as my D70? Am I stuck with drum brakes? Or can I get bigger wheels to clear the calipers and convert to disc later on? Never done a c&c axle before, woulda been perfect for my old jeep

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Does the driveline line up the same as my D70? Am I stuck with drum brakes? Or can I get bigger wheels to clear the calipers and convert to disc later on? Never done a c&c axle before, woulda been perfect for my old jeep
I can’t answer that 100% but I’m sure @bucket can. Drive line I would think would be the same. Drive shaft wise.

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Also, does it have to be a chevy cab and chassis or certain years? I'm exploring some options, found a nice lookin 85-86 ford C&C looks like a D80? Also some 01-03 Chevy C&C axles...hmmm

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
The d70 under your truck now, has a housing significantly wider than a srw axle. I would either run with the suggested "tucked dually" c&c axle option, or search out a srw 14b from a 1 ton srw. Either option will be bolt in.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Also, does it have to be a chevy cab and chassis or certain years? I'm exploring some options, found a nice lookin 85-86 ford C&C looks like a D80? Also some 01-03 Chevy C&C axles...hmmm
Stick with a square c&c

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Stick with a square c&c
OK good, well the one I was looking at for the 85 sold 10mins before I messaged the guy yesterday x.x FML it was perfect. Anyways, I'm looking at a couple mid 80's RV's and they look like c&c axles judging by the location of the spring perches near the drums, would this be a correct assumption?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
OK good, well the one I was looking at for the 85 sold 10mins before I messaged the guy yesterday x.x FML it was perfect. Anyways, I'm looking at a couple mid 80's RV's and they look like c&c axles judging by the location of the spring perches near the drums, would this be a correct assumption?
Is it a pick up cab?

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
No they're motorhome duallies, but seriously look narrow as hell, definitely 14 bolts of course.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
No they're motorhome duallies, but seriously look narrow as hell, definitely 14 bolts of course.
Hmmmm i would of thought the would of used wide axles for stability. Could be a wider frame giving it the illusion of a narrow axle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C30vet