Need 8 lug Dana 44 Wheel Hub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Help, I cannot find replacement hubs anywhere. So far I've checked a handful of specialty driveline companies (East Coast Gear, Dennys, Ruff Stuff, etc.), as well as Rock Auto. No one carries the hubs. Any suggestions? It seems they've been discontinued but that seems odd. Thanks in advance.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Help, I cannot find replacement hubs anywhere. So far I've checked a handful of specialty driveline companies (East Coast Gear, Dennys, Ruff Stuff, etc.), as well as Rock Auto. No one carries the hubs. Any suggestions? It seems they've been discontinued but that seems odd. Thanks in advance.

IIRC the knuckles for the 10 bolt and Dana 44 are the same on the half ton (6 lug) trucks... Not sure about the 8 lug stuff though.

One of the reviews/questions on this one says it fits 3/4 ton corporate 10 and Dana 44:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/agb-4286r/make/chevrolet/model/k20/year/1984

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I bought an AC delco hub/rotor like 3 years ago so I think you can still get them...
You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

this is just for my 1980, but this is what AC delco has

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Help, I cannot find replacement hubs anywhere.
You can source everything from the spindle out from an 8 lug 10 bolt. The difference is really only the backing plate and the wheel bearing size. 44HD's have bigger wheel bearings than the 10 bolt, which is good. I have a couple of the bearing hubs for a 44HD if you cannot find any new ones though.

Strickland

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I should have been more clear, sorry. I'm looking for hubs for a pre-77.5 Dana 44, which is a large bearing IIRC. Searches for those hubs have turned up empty handed. I have found all kinds of used ones at ********** prices, so that's why I was looking for a new replacement.

I had to order one spindle, and have that coming along with the complete bearing kit, so I really don't want to swap this out to the small bearing spindle/hub, if that's even possible.

I may be a touch over my skis on this one, but I don't think the AC Delco part AuroraGirl tagged will work on this.

Strick - PM me if that's something you'd be willing to part with. Thank you!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I should have been more clear, sorry. I'm looking for hubs for a pre-77.5 Dana 44, which is a large bearing IIRC. Searches for those hubs have turned up empty handed. I have found all kinds of used ones at ********** prices, so that's why I was looking for a new replacement.

I had to order one spindle, and have that coming along with the complete bearing kit, so I really don't want to swap this out to the small bearing spindle/hub, if that's even possible.

I may be a touch over my skis on this one, but I don't think the AC Delco part AuroraGirl tagged will work on this.

Strick - PM me if that's something you'd be willing to part with. Thank you!
No it will not, its for a different sized shaft. and bearing. and design in numerous ways. the thing you seek is a External hub lock type hub right? You should convert to something thats got more aftermarket support haha

Danas official stance on the issue is "Contact vehicle manufacturer" rip lol
I checked AC Delco, they dont have it either. im guessing its gonna be used unless you change your axle or convert to different ones
I would offer but I only have 8 lug 77 with the other kind

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
No it will not, its for a different sized shaft. and bearing. and design in numerous ways. the thing you seek is a External hub lock type hub right? You should convert to something thats got more aftermarket support haha

Danas official stance on the issue is "Contact vehicle manufacturer" rip lol
I checked AC Delco, they dont have it either. im guessing its gonna be used unless you change your axle or convert to different ones
I would offer but I only have 8 lug 77 with the other kind
I agree in hindsight, but am too far down this path to deviate. One of the hubs was frozen on the spindle so both were damaged in the removal process. Weird thing is that i've been able to find every other part except the hub. The spindle, etc. all is available aftermarket. Seems to me the aftermarket should just make a dang hub, lol!

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This project is wearing me out. Does anyone know if I could convert the spindle and hub to the small bearing 77.5+ model year without changing knuckles, etc.? I know that's not optimal in terms of losing the large bearing, just wondering. There was a misunderstanding on my end in that neither the spindle or the hub on pre-77.5 models is available, and I need one of each.

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
This project is wearing me out. Does anyone know if I could convert the spindle and hub to the small bearing 77.5+ model year without changing knuckles, etc.? I know that's not optimal in terms of losing the large bearing, just wondering. There was a misunderstanding on my end in that neither the spindle or the hub on pre-77.5 models is available, and I need one of each.
Yes. Source everything from the backing plate out from an 8 lug 10 bolt Corporate. The Dana 44 knuckle will not know the difference. Inner wheel bearing size is the only sacrifice.

Strickland

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Yes. Source everything from the backing plate out from an 8 lug 10 bolt Corporate. The Dana 44 knuckle will not know the difference. Inner wheel bearing size is the only sacrifice.

Strickland
I may have a matched used bearing set on a shelf if you wanted to go cheaper route..lol
Might is key word. Otherwise I may have new ones too but they arent special either

make sure you get the right shaft and all that good stuff. As for hub lock, you may look for a used warn or mile marker or spicer unit on ebay since you wont be able to use your external bolt on kind or whatever it is
And make absolute darn sure you have the right shaft halves

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size

I tried a few times unsuccessfully to send this pic in a private message. I have difficulty when using the phone but I still couldn't get it to load on my desktop. The external hubs are not pictured. I'd love to move all the 44HD stuff and then you'd even have a spare. Make me a reasonable offer because you will be using them and they won't be taking up my shelf space any longer. Thanks.

Strickland

khamill2000

Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

I tried a few times unsuccessfully to send this pic in a private message. I have difficulty when using the phone but I still couldn't get it to load on my desktop. The external hubs are not pictured. I'd love to move all the 44HD stuff and then you'd even have a spare. Make me a reasonable offer because you will be using them and they won't be taking up my shelf space any longer. Thanks.

Strickland
I'd be interested the the caliper brackets if they are 3/4 ton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1