Mystery Wire Connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trucknut85

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am looking for some help in identifying where a couple of wire connectors go on my 1985 Chevy K10. The truck used to be my daily driver, but has been sitting in storage for the last 10 years, so i don't remember what doesn't work. The truck runs and drives fine, so i don't think it's anything super important. I think the big connector goes to one of the plastic plungers on the brake pedal bracket, maybe something to do with cruise control? And i have no clue about the green wire with red connector. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

trucknut85

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Mystery Connectors half solved.

So i traced the green wire with red plug tonight. It runs up into a relay on the left side of the steering column near the firewall. I believe it's just a relay for the 4 wheel drive system as the wires that light up the 4 wheel drive shifter and the dash light that comes on when engaged all come off this relay. So i'm thinking that the green wire with red plug is just a diagnostic connection? it has a slot on the back side like it clips into something out of the way, but i'm not sure where. Can anyone verify if i'm correct in my logic?

And the connector with Gray, Pink, Green and Blue wires from the first post goes into the main wiring harness, but i still can't find where it hooks up, even my wiring schematic isn't helpful.

trucknut85

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Mystery thickens

Found this image, it shows a wire connected to my plug in question, but i still don't what the wire is.

trucknut85

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks, but what is it plugging into? Is there a relay or something by the brake pedal i'm missing?

Edited: After some more Google image searching, i'm pretty sure that connector plugs into the wires from the turn signal/wiper/ cruise control stalk on the steering column.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcon73