my g80 stay locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avilleg0

Reaction score
First Name
alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
i have a 1986 k5 blazer 4wd g80 3.08 ten bolt. After having problem with it pulling right after random turns. I have been able to repllicate the problem that im having. The truck will drive fine till i stop and let say i hold the brake and give it a little gas and the tires will spin a little but the truck will pull right and you can hear the rear tire kinda drag. Till you ether stop and back up or play with e steering wheel left to right you will hear a loud pop and everything back to normal. Kinda seems like the G80 sticking i did already drain all the nasty muddy fluid out of the back diff and brake clean the entire diff and replaced with new fluid but the problem still exist. any one have any idea

I removed the front drive shaft and the right front hub still does it

Last edited:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Sounds like a brake hanging up or binding in the steering. I would check for worn parts up front.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
i have a 1986 k5 blazer 4wd g80 3.08 ten bolt. After having problem with it pulling right after random turns. I have been able to repllicate the problem that im having. The truck will drive fine till i stop and let say i hold the brake and give it a little gas and the tires will spin a little but the truck will pull right and you can hear the rear tire kinda drag. Till you ether stop and back up or play with e steering wheel left to right you will hear a loud pop and everything back to normal. Kinda seems like the G80 sticking i did already drain all the nasty muddy fluid out of the back diff and brake clean the entire diff and replaced with new fluid but the problem still exist. any one have any idea

I removed the front drive shaft and the right front hub still does it

If your rear diff was full of muddy gross water then I'd going to assume your front isn't any better.

Also be a good time to check the inner seals to insure they aren't worn letting crap into the diff.

Also be a good time to start looking at bearings, ujoints and balljoints if nothing has been touched.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Just to be clear, the pull is coming from the rear (where the G80 Gov-Loc is located), not the front. So the rear fluid needs inspected and changed.

I had one stick on me exactly as described, the Gov-loc was overly sensitive to the slightly mis-matched rear tires. Installing tires with the same OD took care of it.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Just to be clear, the pull is coming from the rear (where the G80 Gov-Loc is located), not the front. So the rear fluid needs inspected and changed.

I had one stick on me exactly as described, the Gov-loc was overly sensitive to the slightly mis-matched rear tires. Installing tires with the same OD took care of it.

So with that said a significant difference in tire pressure could also result in the same type of issue....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78