My daily driver has me stumped--No start/Slow start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I too bet it is the starter. Interesting about the solenoid....hmmmm...

Well, I wonder if I could re-build my original starter? It is a FoMoCo starter so it may be an original to the car.
On my truck starter I was able to take the solenoid apart and turn the bolt around so that an un-worn portion was touching the disk.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Here is the short update: New starter installed, that was the problem, it runs great.

Here is the long update: Brought the other "new" one back to Oreillys and the guy let me go to watch him test it, he put it on their machine, and when it activated the starter you could damned near count the teeth moving on the starter. Fricken POS was so slow and really struggling to rotate.

So, I got their lifetime warranty starter. Before I bought it he said "lets go test this one too" so he hooked it up and when it activated holy crap did it take off like it should have. So back to the counter, and he treated me well with a price break too, and he took the other new reman starter as the core.

To all of you that replied on here, thank you so much for some guidance on this. I am not made of money, so to talk (or type in our case!) all this out to help me double-triple check other avenues first I really do appreciate.

Thanks again everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128