my 88 k1500, tons of pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
lol order me 2. I need em.

them things that brand that size are like $315 ea on summits website.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Wow that's stupid. I just paid $190 for 33x12.50x15s. 35s are just a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
You must be registered for see images attach

yep she's back in the garage now. I've swapped out the trans. case to a non cracked ones. I also did the dual feed setup on it while it was apart. I've cleaned and painted the case, the t-case and the engine. Then I removed the core support when I got it back in the garage to make it easier to install the motor/trans/t-case all in one.

Nice to see you tinkering again bro. :)

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
well guess who's back up and running????

yep sorry for the late pic it was from a few months ago or so, she'll all together now, just finished up the exhaust here a couple weeks ago, gotta extend the wire for the 02, and put my hood back on then real test drive. I've had it in and out of the garage several times and on jackstands going thru the gears, but after doing the dual feed mod on the th350 internally reverse is acting weird, very slow to engage and sometimes acts like it doesn't want to pull, give it gas and just like you're on the brakes or stall then bam it goes and starts moving even after you hear the idle pull down.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
old gril is finally moving under her own power and out of hiding.

she came out for a bath, and some tlc. I sold the rear bumper to my neighbor his had 2 huge rust holes in it, I was gonna buy a roll pan for it, but ended up patching his over and putting it on, might sale the whole truck, and that's why it was even patched and put on it was supposed to sale but didn't. I finally broke down stripped the rust off the hood, painted it, finished sanding the wiper cowl that I filled in for a smooth cowl, and painted it, reinstalled. I might put the other pieces back on it like the under grille bumper fillers. and the washer jug, hoses and squirters.

Trans is acting up when I had it apart I swapped cases since mine had a cracked spot and leaking, and did the internal dual feeding mod, now reverse is slow to enagge, takes a second or two for the idle to pull down and you feel it engage, sometimes it acts and feels like it's slipping trying to go backwards. I ran it on stands but it's not legal so we've not actually road tested it. I've had it in and out of he garage several times. I think here soon I'm gonna put it back in there and swap the trans, the wiring harness for underhood and the computer for the old s10 ones to make use of the 4l60e, although I have to rig it up use the spacer from the th350 to make up the tailshaft length, then move the crossmember back on the frame.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hmmm, I wonder what's causing that reverse to do that. Sealing ring on the pump maybe? You're certain you kept the correct seal and ring off on the internals for the dual feeding? This is why I just spend the cash and do the shift improver kit. Everyone and I do mean everyone, that has done the dual feeding the manual way during a build had issues right out of the gate and the trans not working right and had to take it back out.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
yep same here, lesson learned next time just gonna buy th ekit. I was double and triple checking the seal and ring to be sure it was right, still doesn't work right though lol. I'll either take it out, put em back and try again or most likely have th elocal guy go thru it and rebuild or get my another one.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
well this thing is long gone, traded it off back in june for a 79 rs camaro that runs well but needs work. I posted pics in my s10 build thread, will make one for the camaro sometime

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod