my 71 on ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Let it all out Ray. :roflbow:

Thank you for pointing it out a few times that is not directed towards anybody here, that would be very unfortunate. Thanks for respecting others opinions here, however right or wrong you think they may be.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I know a guy who a real nice 90% original, he had aftermarket wheels, seat recovered, things like that, but the truck was just about OEM as could be. Had a bit of rust behind the fenders like 60-66 trucks do. He as asking $5K for it. It was worth it all day long in its condition. He got all kinds of tire kickers, low ballers etc for a month. He really needed to sell it, his wife needed some back surgeries to repair a bad back surgery, so medical bills were thru the roof. He dropped the price to $3500 thinking some of the low ballers would come back and see he dropped the price. Yep, the low ballers come back, now they want him to take $2500. Finally he said **** it, 2 weeks later, took it off the market for about 3 weeks cuz he got sick of knocks on the door from the for sale sign and phone calls from grocery stores etc. Again, out of desperation, put back on the market with a new sign, listing the features, and prices was, NO Reasonable Offer Refused. A guy calls up 3 days later, and says, well I don't really know what you're thinking, and I don't want to insult you, I know it's a nice truck, but all I've got to spend is $5K cash, and more than that, I'd have to get a loan and I really don't want to. :rofl: The guy says, well, I was really hoping to get $7000 but if that's all a guy has then I guess that will have to work. Sold it that day for what he originally was asking for it.

It kinda sucks, but putting the price you really want rarely works because everyone wants a deal and they won't feel good unless they get you down on price. Put a damn sign in the window for $7500 and let someone lowball you at $5000 or $6000. Just don't say yes to fast or they'll think something is wrong with it. You gotta play the game and him-haw around a bit, then accept their $6000 low ball offer. Also, print out some of those recently sold on ebay trucks for comparisons and show them, $7500 is a good deal, just might get someone to pay $7500.

Camo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 extended cab 4x4
Engine Size
4.8 V8
the only rust is the rockers and cab corners the bed and front clip only have minor surface rust. the price is not steep it is a loaded cheyenne short bed not just the cheap base model c10. 5 lug and front disc brakes

trucks in worse shape have sold for more i have been watching them for awhile deciding if i wanted to sell it.

a 67 with the same rust my truck has the body condition was about the same sold for over 11,000. it had a grease covered staight 6 nasty looking engine bay and was the base model c10.
basically they put a cheap 4'' drop and some 18'' wheels on a old truck and sold it for over 11 grand. it had the perfect patina that everybody wants the top half of the truck rusted to ****.

mine runs good drives good and is unmolested no one will ever convince me its not worth what i am asking for it. all i say is go try to find another one in the same shape for less **** HEAD.(thats not aimed at anyone on here just all the retards that tell me its just a old dime a dozen chevy)

i pulled a car trailer with a 89 camaro from salt lake city to rock springs wy just over 200 miles with it and wyoming and utah are not flat they are mountain states. and for a half ton short bed with a mild small block it pulled that trailer with no problem. it did not get hot it did not stumble at all. not many 71 chevy trucks can still do that.
the truck runs and drives so good i would get in it and drive it anywhere with no worries.

but why am i defending my truck **** it if idiots want to pay for a **** truck. that has a **** rusted patina with hacked suspension and a thousand dollars worth of wheels that needs a complete rebuild. rather than a solid running truck that needs minimal body repair that has never been hacked.

if its a dime a dozen chevy why the **** did you flip a bitch in traffic and chase me into walmart just to ask me if i would sell it. and why do i have people waiting at my truck when i get back to it just to ask me if i would sell it. or leaving notes under the wiper and buissiness cards in the door handle with prices wrote on them. that was all before i tried to sell it when i did not want to sell it.
sorry for the rant my anger over this is not aimed at anyone that has posted in this thread do not take offense. i am just sick of people telling me it just a dime a dozen chevy. **** em nuff said.:upyours:

I dont think anyone including me meant any offense. Its a nice rig, Drop a few dollars on rockers and cab corners and i thiknk it would sell fast. Alot depends on location as well. I grew up WELL away from the rust belt so even small amounts of rust are foreign to me. Now I live near the alabama coast, I see vehicles that are less than 5 yerars old rusted out.

I sold a loaded 1969 shortbed with no motor or trans for $3500 to a guy in illinois becasue ti was rust free Okalhoma truck.

Good luck on your sale brother, and lighten up a little.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Lol, Retro is probably prettier than that :roflbow:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Hhahaha at the Retro stuff. :lol:

I wonder if he hits a big bump the left turn signal comes on, lol... :popcorn:

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hey Kleedus, what happened to this beaut? I have a buddy I need to visit in WY....

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
Hey Kleedus, what happened to this beaut? I have a buddy I need to visit in WY....

it sits in my driveway with a leaky water pump it leaks out the weep hole i have a new pump for it just do not want to go out in the cold to fix it.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
dang, i need something to piss the wifey about besides my gun habit...

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
i would still let it go for the right price

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
haha, wouldnt we all...never know.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
ok last time i will ever put this truck up for sale if it does not sell this time i will just keep it

not listing on feebay this time but a couple local classified sites

its a 71 cheyanne c10 short bed

350 with a mild cam .30 over edelbrock performer intake and headers turbo 350 tranny both run good.

headers and exhaust are not very old dual 2.5 inch pipe with thrush welded mufflers dump out right behind the rear axle

i am the third owner of this truck previous 2 was father and son. the truck is unmolested(no idiot has ever hacked it up) i am the only one to have ever changed anything from stock on this truck. i i have done no wrong to it

the cab corners and rocker pannels are rusted the rest of the truck is solid. only rust on the front fenders is surface rust no thin metal on the front fenders

4,000 firm not a penny less don't like my price then keep it to yourself i do not care if you think its worth it or not.

thats what it will take to get this truck from me i do not need to sell it. the only reason i am trying is i would rather put the money and time this truck needs into my 63 c10 short bed

i will fix the leaky water pump before it sells i have a new pump for it just have not got it swapped out yet

Last edited:

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454