Music Sounds tinny, hurts at high pitched parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi,
So i have a sony stereo, not sure what kind.
And 2 6x9(I think, dont know much about speakers but thats their size) pioneer speakers
The boxes theyre on are too big to fit into the corners, so i have one directly behind the drivers part of the bench seat and the other directly behind the passangers, both pointed up.

Sometimes, with certain higher pitched parts of songs, it gets that really annoying sound to it that hurts your ears. And i dont think its anything to do with my hearing, im a kid so its probably still good.

On the stereo, theres Low, Medium, and High settings. These go up to 10 and down to -10, each individually. I usually use the aux cord to my ipod, and theres an aux setting which goes to 6, and down to -6.

I cant sem to find good settings that fix this. Anything 3 or less on all settings besides aux is strongly bass, and sucks. Aux 0 is pretty much good.

What would cause it to be this way? How can i get my music to be "Normal" sounding, so it doesnt hurt if its up loud enough? Oh, the tinny hurting noise of some songs doesnt effect much until you get it loud enough

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
If "Loudness" is on, turn it off - on many decks it adds bass AND treble.

I have found Sony decks to be too "bright" - not enough low/mid in the music. Kenwood, too, but it might just be my ears. Blaupunkt sounded very "warm", but not detailed. I am thoroughly enjoying Alpine.

Speakers, too, can sound different. It pays to listen to all kinds of speakers and find the ones you enjoy the most. Some are too bright, some are very detailed, some are very warm. Personally, I don't enjoy the sound from Pioneer speakers, but only ~your~ ears can be the judge.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sound is totally subjective of each person.

Headunits, speakers, components and amps all play a role in SQ. Its up to you to figure out what YOUR ears like best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade