Muncie Swap Botch Job Manual Clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@AuroraGirl I don't need a replacement, I was talking about the push rod from the pedal to the z bar. The two lower springs one holds the pivot pin to the clutch fork and the other pulls and holds the clutch fork away from the clutch when your not shifting. There should be two one small one and one long one going to the frame.
oh. so im missing a spring. Is the purpose of that holding the pivot pin to the fork to make the feel or behavior consistent and then of course the big one being for the overall engagement being held off unless you push. right? I could be wrong

Zoomalot

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado Shorty
Engine Size
350 Ram Jet
Here's a more recent picture.
You must be registered for see images attach
Is that not kind of a "HOT" spot for your O2, just wondering??

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
oh. so im missing a spring. Is the purpose of that holding the pivot pin to the fork to make the feel or behavior consistent and then of course the big one being for the overall engagement being held off unless you push. right? I could be wrong
You are correct, the small one keeps everything connected. and allows you to make adjustments.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Is that not kind of a "HOT" spot for your O2, just wondering??
Don't know, haven't started it yet still in the rebuild stage. The Muffler shop that built the system is the best one in the area. We'll see, there is a lot of stuff going on in that area. to get he shift linkage correct
You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
i would think the place being just before a restriction but also in a serviceable, safe spot is probably the best spot for that O2. it cant obviously be too close but the further back just means it needs more time to get hot or more use of a heated sensors heater to get to temp. as long as you dont have a leak i would think you could physically put it further back if you wanted... but furhter back would prob mean a small delay in PCM reaction. how big? Idk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes