Master Cylinder Geyser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haskie83

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Silverado
Engine Size
Hey guys, doing a master cylinder on my father in laws 1992 C1500, 305. Got an ac delco one from rockauto, PN:18M1746. Old one was leaking @ the joint between the plastic reservoir & the master cylinder itself. A few years ago doing brakes he hit the pedal while I had the cap off the reservoir and it shot like a fountain everywhere, was hoping this new cylinder would NOT have that issue, but while bench bleeding it, looks like it’s already pushing pressure to the reservoir too. What’s the deal? Are they all like this or did I break this one already?

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
They will squirt fluid up until the cup inside the cylinder gets past the open ports, normal. They will all do that to some extent. Fill it up and set the cover on it [don't clip on need to let air in]. What I usually do is open the LF bleeder and watch for fluid. Then proceed with normal bleeding.

Haskie83

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Silverado
Engine Size
Ok thanks, so they’re all like this, good to know! Yup bleeding went as normal.
Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod