Marker Light Question…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
No. There is a specific law that allows amber turn indicators facing the rear. Back in the early 90's a lot of Honda owner on our cruise route would swap the wiring for the amber turn signal and one of the brake/parking lights. You can't have amber brake light either. It was an easy ticket for me.

FYI that same clearance lamp law is why my truck also has lights on the tailgate.

You must be registered for see images attach
in my case for my car the 2005 only with the amber turns and the red every other year / example with red had only one difference in the wiring and it was the omission of a wire to the top row of lights on the connector, thankfully GM made the change at the endof the line and fairly simple instead of some big change up stream of it.

I am using the harness for the amber tails that came with the tail lights and then my old harness has a temporary spliced in resistors on the turn wire and then a reversible snip on the park lamp wire to the turn sockets. I wanted to do LEDs, but I would have to add a lot of wiring in order to place the resistors on the other side of the decklid/somewhere else at least on the trunk lid (not as bad for the body mounted ones, but still) and then also protect the felt trunk liner/any cargo from causing a fire or overheating some resistors because with the lid open, the hazzards on, and the wiring/resistor hanging in the air with like 0 degrees temperature wind blowing by, the resistors got too hot to touch after like 5 minutes. I imagine that would be fire starting temp in a closed trunk in traffic in the summer. Not related just shared lol

Flatwater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads