Manual Valve bodies..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobkyle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
I'm in the process of buying 2 new manual valve bodys for our race trucks, We've never ran them. Don't know much about them...

Both th350 trans...

I've been looking at the automatic/manual valve bodies, Will i be able to delete the vac mod and kick down cable with the auto/manual ones??

I know you can with the full manual, but with a full manual i'm pretty sure you loose your engine braking.

Both trucks are full mud race, no street time.

Anyone ever used a auto/manual valve body?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn:

Sent from my iPod touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I've never seen automatic/manual valve bodies, only shift kits, but it would seem that if auto shifting is an option then the vac mod and kick down would have to be retained.

As for full manual valve body's, there are some out there with engine braking on the lower gears.

bobkyle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
From what i gather, is it will shift normally if in drive... But if you shift manually it will shift...I don't want anything to do with the auto part, will be shifting manually 100% of the time.

Hope someone has used one before.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
If you don't intend to let it auto shift then why bother with the combo valve body? Shop around for a full manual, reverse pattern valve body WITH engine braking.

bobkyle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
They are much cheaper.... If i can get buy without spending the extra cash, I'm going to. As i'm buying two of them. No sense in spending the extra cash if i can get cheaper and still do everything i ask of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade