Manual to power locks and windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Sorry for the late reply, been out of the loop for a while. I posted this change over with pics in the electrical category. I'll see if I can find it. I used the original doors and just swapped the components inside. There were dimples in the jamb and door where the center of the hole should be drilled. In order to do this I pulled the doors.

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
cool thanks! ill start looking for the components at P&P

andym22

Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
I'm assuming you use the existing hole in the interior of the cab that the door jamb switch wire goes through to route the power window harness. Where does the door jamb switch wire get relocated to? I have a '77 that I'm in the process of converting.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You will need to drill new holes for the PW/PL wiring thru the door jamb. Some say there is a dimple showing you where to drill but this was not the case on my 74.

andym22

Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
You will need to drill new holes for the PW/PL wiring thru the door jamb. Some say there is a dimple showing you where to drill but this was not the case on my 74.

I just want to clarify, I'm talking about the inside of the cab not the jamb. I see the dimples for the jamb should there be dimples on the inside of the cab to pass the PW/PL wiring through?

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I think you will need to drill the inside hole. I had to do both on my 74. I have no idea about the dimple. Here is a pic of my 86 that came with PW/PL. Notice on the passenger side kick panel wall there is a large hole for the PW stuff. If I remember correctly the hole for the door jamb switch is higher and that hole gives you access to one of the upper door hinge bolts.

Attachments

• DSC_0140.jpg
    DSC_0140.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 120

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I think you will need to drill the inside hole. I had to do both on my 74. I have no idea about the dimple. Here is a pic of my 86 that came with PW/PL. Notice on the passenger side kick panel wall there is a large hole for the PW stuff. If I remember correctly the hole for the door jamb switch is higher and that hole gives you access to one of the upper door hinge bolts.

That bottom pic of a grommet is just the grommet fro the ground wire for the lights to come on when the door is opened. The wires for the power doors go up inside the cowling and enter the cab higher up just below the dash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack253