LS swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
You can do it for well under 1,000.

LS Innovations plates, 35 bucks, bolt you your clamshells.

Ebay 45.00 VATS delete, or do it the hillbilly VATS hack for free if you have a running donor.

Use TBSS manifolds if you can source them, Speed Engineering shorties off Ebay for 200 if you can't get TBSS manifolds.

You don't have to do anything to the harness except apply 12v to the A9 pin and delete the VATS, leave all the rest and trim it down.

Use the little 25.00 adapter and bolt it right to the TH350.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
You can do it for well under 1,000.

LS Innovations plates, 35 bucks, bolt you your clamshells.

Ebay 45.00 VATS delete, or do it the hillbilly VATS hack for free if you have a running donor.

Use TBSS manifolds if you can source them, Speed Engineering shorties off Ebay for 200 if you can't get TBSS manifolds.

You don't have to do anything to the harness except apply 12v to the A9 pin and delete the VATS, leave all the rest and trim it down.

Use the little 25.00 adapter and bolt it right to the TH350.

I was planning to buy HP tuners so I can disable all the bs including torque management, and then be able to use it to tune the L29 when it gets put in something. I have fbody manifolds would they or stock truck manifolds fit? Would buy the 4l60/80 with the engine and swap it in.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I was planning to buy HP tuners so I can disable all the bs including torque management, and then be able to use it to tune the L29 when it gets put in something. I have fbody manifolds would they or stock truck manifolds fit? Would buy the 4l60/80 with the engine and swap it in.

Stock truck manifolds hit the frame, you can grind the frame, but I wouldn't. You can cut them and weld them as needed, they are cast steel and weld easily. F body manifolds may fit, I'm unsure, I do know the TBSS ones fit no problems, I believe they are the tightest factory manifolds.

If it's for a flip, I wouldn't burn HP Tuner's credits on a VATS delete, it's 100 in credits, or 45 to just have it deleted.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Stock truck manifolds hit the frame, you can grind the frame, but I wouldn't. You can cut them and weld them as needed, they are cast steel and weld easily. F body manifolds may fit, I'm unsure, I do know the TBSS ones fit no problems, I believe they are the tightest factory manifolds.

If it's for a flip, I wouldn't burn HP Tuner's credits on a VATS delete, it's 100 in credits, or 45 to just have it deleted.

I figure its a vats delete, abs delete, remove torque management, rear o2s, gear ratio change might even add electric fan pin.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I figure its a vats delete, abs delete, remove torque management, rear o2s, gear ratio change might even add electric fan pin.

The 45.00 Ebay guy will do everything but the torque management. Also, Torque management isn't the big power gainer on them, PE is. Your call, but to flip it, I'd keep it simple.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I know it is required when 0411 swapping the L29 and have read it severly holds back the vortec 350 and LS int he f bodies, guess I need to read up on it.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I know it is required when 0411 swapping the L29 and have read it severly holds back the vortec 350 and LS int he f bodies, guess I need to read up on it.

There's alot of tables, and alot to it really, if you haven't seen my video on it you should check it out.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
got a link handy?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Shows the PE and Torque tables, along with the EQ tables, I don't recall if I get into timing or not on that one.

Again though, for a flip, I wouldn't burn the credits tuning it, I'd market it as untuned, and you know, you can unlock alot with a tune... Let them imagine an extra 5000 horsepressures all on their own lol.

Biggin0822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

I got the hptuners and did my own vats delete and have been messing with the tune. I know NOTHING about tuning a vehicle but with all the "tune repositories" out there, I've been able to find one that makes the truck run very well even with a lumpier cam and long tubes. I just had to adjust the idle for my cam and blammo! The best thing I did for the butt dyno was removing all the torque mgmt crap. Wow, what a difference!

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I got the hptuners and did my own vats delete and have been messing with the tune. I know NOTHING about tuning a vehicle but with all the "tune repositories" out there, I've been able to find one that makes the truck run very well even with a lumpier cam and long tubes. I just had to adjust the idle for my cam and blammo! The best thing I did for the butt dyno was removing all the torque mgmt crap. Wow, what a difference!

Thats what I have heard and if I can remove that and make it seem like it is stronger than what they are/have driven should get more money after haggling.

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Shows the PE and Torque tables, along with the EQ tables, I don't recall if I get into timing or not on that one.

Again though, for a flip, I wouldn't burn the credits tuning it, I'd market it as untuned, and you know, you can unlock alot with a tune... Let them imagine an extra 5000 horsepressures all on their own lol.
Interesting

I’ve got a couple questions
You want em here or PM ?

smurfasaur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The best thing I did for the butt dyno was removing all the torque mgmt crap. Wow, what a difference!

Are you using a manual tranny? I thought you could only remove that if using a manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Interesting

I’ve got a couple questions
You want em here or PM ?

Either is fine, I'll help the best I can.

Are you using a manual tranny? I thought you could only remove that if using a manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be removre, or fractions of it removre with any trans.

rt66paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Truck Year
1991 suburban
Truck Model
Engine Size
If you watch the auctions from towing companies, you can usually find wrecked cars and trucks that you can assume were running when wrecked and towed. Most people do not have full coverage on older vehicles, so you can buy a vehicle that should have a running drive train.