Lowering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83_c10

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I've been thinking about what to do next with my truck. I want to lower it as low as I can. I will be running 18" rims. I am going for a performance look and feel. It has to handle amazing. Right now it's okay. I do feel the back traveling in its own direction and that's going to happen with a truck. The kit I have been looking at lowers the front 4 1/2" in the front with drop spindles and springs and the rear 6" with a flip kit. It does come with a notch too. I will add a better sway bar up front and out back too. How well do yall think my truck should handle after all of that? It will still have the stock rims and wheels on it by then but will be getting those 18" and fatter rubber. I think it should really improve it a lot. I would love to swap in a LS6 into this truck to lighten up the front end. That would stop the bad nose dive and stalling out lol. Yeah I'm not used to carbs lol. Used to fuel injection. I am dealing with the fuel sloshing around badly. What can I say I am a bit crazy in my truck sometimes lol. A lot of the trucks here are sky high. That's okay but I rather haul ass instead of playing in the mud. Plus she doesn't like the mud.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
4.5/6 is a good drop and just lowering ghe center of gravity on the truck does wonders. With the addition of the sway bars and 18in tires it should handle great just remember its still a truck on 60' technology suspension, so dont expect it to handle like a Porche. Lol

pmayojr

Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I am actually doing about the same thing on my 86 longbed. mine will actually be 5.5 in the front and 7.5 to 8 in the rear with the sway bars from lmc truck. I will be boxing the frame in certain bad flex places. just a suggestion run air shocks in the rear because you will still be able to haul and have it ride level.

83_c10

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yeah I have to remind myself it's a truck lol. Once I get it lowered I will decide what I like best. I would love to lay frame but big rims really kill performance. Yeah 24's look sweet but eh I don't know. Like I said once I get the money for it I will decide from there. If I want to get really serious I will do a full coil over system. I like the hop from a fully modified suspension. Granted some of the roads here are nasty as hell and you bounce all over the place. Well I will be getting some parts for the interior and transmission too. Dome light, trans pan, TV seal and a cowl hood seal. My seal is totally shot and when it's cold you can see the heat coming out from under the hood. Fog up the windshield up badly. Plus I am tired of looking keys in the dark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia