LMC truck has the wrong window regulator rollers....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I ran into the same problem with lmc rollers. I cut the old roller stud off and punched out the stud. Then cleaned the area up and welded the hole shut. Drilled a correct size hole and installed the lmc rollers. I know all don't have a welder but maybe a buddy has one. Oh yes and if you do this mark the side of the regulator that the roller goes on. It's easy to get mixed up after cutting the rollers off.

The height of them is still different though, that would make the roller further away from the arm than the stock roller, but if it works that's good!

So here is what I was thinking today as I was messing with these once again. The rollers will sit at the same height IF I drill the hole out in the regulator arm a tiny bit, and fit the larger part of the stem into the regulator arm. I would tack into place, then cut off the smaller diameter stem.

Today I did punch out my old stem from the wheel shown below. I then punched out the stem from the new wheel. However, even the ball ends of the stems are way different! For the heck of it I still punched in the old stem into the new wheel, and that did not work just as I thought.

See below pic. If I cut off the part with the "X", then drill out the arm to the size where the red arrows are, then this allows that roller to sit at the exact height of my old rollers. I did not want to modify the arms, but from what I have seen out there it looks like I have no choice except to do this.

I will just have to have my welder set low to tack in the new rollers so I don't melt any plastic.

You must be registered for see images attach

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Well, I did what I said I was going to try and so far it worked!

Ground off the head of the old one, back side is bare steel so easy to remember which way to put it back together! After punching out, I used a 9/32" drill bit, this left a snug fit for the roller to be punched into.

I put a socket below the arm, then lightly punched in the shoulder so it stuck. Then I punched it into place, so the shoulder you see there was about flush.

Here is the stem that was too small of a diameter to work properly. You can see the larger part is also about flush with the back side.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Then I cut off that stem.

Tack welded all 3 of them, making one tack on each roller until there were 3 tacks. Helped keep the stem cooler too so I did not melt any plastic. Had the welder turned down a bit.

Roller now sits where the old one did. Will just spray some black paint on the bare steel and then re-install. More work than I wanted to do, but no other choice at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adriank