LMC truck has the wrong window regulator rollers....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
This has been fun....I have my drivers door apart on my truck because of frozen up/non-working rollers. So I ordered 12 of them from LMC.

I go to put on the new ones, and I can see these are not correct and I want to see if I can make them work anyhow, so I used my rivet buck & punch I have, well it did not work obviously. So I called LMC, and sent them these pictures here below they asked for to see what my issue is.

I just got a call back a few minutes ago and they stated "these are what we have in stock, nothing like our stock photo or like your roller from your regulator". So I asked them, "how can you sell this part for 73 to 87 trucks knowing that GM did not change them, and you do not have the correct rollers?" They stated "well that is what we have in inventory".....so they asked me to send them back for a refund. I said I don't want a refund I just want the correct parts.

Can anyone suggest a place to go for the right window regulator rollers for this truck?

Here is my old one, and their new one side by side. Even the shank on theirs below the 3/16" stem is way too small and dang near would slip through the regulator arm. Not only is their stem too small of a diameter, but it is longer too and would make the regulator arms sit further away from the channels.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here it is in the regulator arm;

Here is the STOCK photo they sent me of the part with the SAME part number I ordered!!!!!!!! Kinda looks like what I need!!! YET, they don't have this one.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
@Old77 just re did the rollers on the dually when he switched to manual windows. He may have info in his dually thread on where he purchased them.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
@Old77 just re did the rollers on the dually when he switched to manual windows. He may have info in his dually thread on where he purchased them.
I ended up just reworking the rollers that were on the old regulators because of the same issue. Used a liberal amount of grease and loosened them up real good.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I had the same issue. We were installing manual so for a few dollars more I was able to just buy new regulators and not do any work. I would have preferred original GM steel though.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@OldBlueDually,

I think "Classic Trucks" may have these. Or it could be "Ecklers". It might be "Classic Industries". Now that you have the three of these it has to be one of them because I've seen them in their catalog(s). I hope it doesn't turn out that there's one source and they all buy from them. It reminds me of those dang intermediate shaft seals that I tried and tried to find, and everybody had them but got them from the same maker so they were all the wrong ones. So, good luck.

Memaloose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I can't find the correct ones for my rear quarter window on my 1972 Olds Toronado. I don't understand why there's probably 30 different rollers used in the automotive industry, what's wrong with 3 or 4 at the most?
Thankfully, the ones on my '75 Chev still work good but after reading this, I'm tempted to pull the inside door covers and lube the rollers before they fail. I'll probably never find the correct ones.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
@OldBlueDually,

I think "Classic Trucks" may have these. Or it could be "Ecklers". It might be "Classic Industries". Now that you have the three of these it has to be one of them because I've seen them in their catalog(s). I hope it doesn't turn out that there's one source and they all buy from them. It reminds me of those dang intermediate shaft seals that I tried and tried to find, and everybody had them but got them from the same maker so they were all the wrong ones. So, good luck.

Thank you! I will be checking them out to see what they have.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
@OldBlueDually,

Unfortunately none of those websites have these rollers either, sucks.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Good luck! See my post yesterday, similar issue with The Truck Shop.
I understand that we may have trouble finding or be unable to find some parts for these “antique” vehicles, but if you are advertising and selling a part, it needs to ******* fit!
Same deal w/returning my parts. Said we will give you credit to re order. Return shipping is on the buyer, and that’s the right part number so can’t help you with fitting it to “your” truck.
If ya don’t have the part, that’s fine, no harm no foul. If ya have the part and it’s not right, fix it! Sorry for the rant

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds

Thanks @Big Chip I checked it out!

Also, @waterpirate & @Grit dog FYI below;

Ok, so I called these guys up to find out if they could get me a picture of the part. Description seems fine, but I want to know if it is exact!

Anyhow, the lady I talked to said to check back on their site in a couple hours as their marketing guy is out for lunch right now and they will get it updated. IF this is the right roller I will be ordering them. If this is not correct, I will continue to waste a crap-ton of time to make mine work again.

My other option too if USA Ind. does not have the correct part is to see if I can carefully take my old rollers apart, and "maybe" put LMC's rollers onto my pivots. Not sure if I would have to buzz off the rivet head, then do a couple light tack welds on them when done, will have to keep a wet cloth on the side of the roller so they don't get hot.

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
I had the same issue several years back. I ended up pressing the pin out of the roller and then welded the pins in instead of peening them. then pressed the roller back on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trchno